F1 » Are you a Lewis Hamilton fan?

Join us on Facebook and Twitter and be part of Crash.net's social circle...

Jayne

July 12, 2013 9:23 PM

Evening Taipan evening all
What a tempting headline.........am I a Lulu fan never!!!
As Ghog rightly says if he had let his driving do the talking I might hace been,,,hang on a minute let me consider that thought........no I wouldn't!!
Come on Crash stop playing games.
If you want a crusade than SIR Murray Walker and SIR John Surtees is what you should fight for.

Taipan

July 12, 2013 10:26 PM

Evening Jayne, Can you imagine if this question had appeared 3 or 4 years ago? There would have been 60 or 70 prepubescent fanboys proclaiming that Lulu was the greatest ever, heading for 10 championships in a row and other such garbage. Now all that's left is PCX who I hope can still grow out of it and Uber Troll RGT who is beyond help.
Looks like the fight against fanboyism is finally ridding these creatures from our sport. I wonder what they're all doing now, stalking One Direction probably!

theLman

July 12, 2013 11:35 PM

Hi all im new to this site i was just flicking through the different motor sports forums when i saw this heading.

Well hand on heart when i say that i believe Lewis Hamilton is the most exciting F1 driver i have seen and i have been watching F1 since the early 90s. If this guy was to leave the sport tomorrow by seasons end Sky would drop F1 as the viewing figures would plummet we all should enjoy this driver while he is around because when he goes that will be it and we will never see the likes of his kind again in our life time.

Taipan

July 12, 2013 11:46 PM

I find it surprising that you find a driver who generally goes backwards in races and ends 4th or 5th in the championship every year so exciting. Are you related to a chap called Golden Troll by any chance?

Bazarati

July 13, 2013 12:17 AM

He's a spoilt brat who throws his toys out of the pram with his 'put on' American accent whenever something doesn't go his way!!
"Ahm guys, Why is Nico faster than me?"
"Ahm guys, What did you do wrong there?"
"Ahm guys, no point in carrying on is there?"
"Ahm guys, I must be on different tyres to everyone else!"
Did I mention that I'm not a fan??? :-)

theLman

July 13, 2013 12:34 AM

I think f1 fans are aware that the W04 machine is quite horrid on its tires so more often than not you will find both the Silver Arrows driver going backwards in a race. It is just not Lewis who suffers from this strange enigma.

As for his finishes since 2008 the blame must go on the Mclaren team bar 2011.

Im of the same mind set like that great f1 pundit and commentator Martin Brundle in when he says Lewis is the fastest in F1 and that when Lewis is at his best he is the best. I've heard the same thing mentioned about Serena Williams and TBH they both have other interests outside their sporting jobs that at times can cause a lack of focus on their main job but when these two are focused they are then in a league of there own

Objective

July 13, 2013 1:14 AM

I am not a fan of any driver. Do I respect his ability as a driver? Yes. I also respect the other drivers on the grid who had made it there through their achievements and not through buying their seats.

Taipan

July 13, 2013 1:55 AM

RGT, I'd say it's quite despicable for anyone who is paid millions to be a professional being so easily distracted from their job. My dog needs a walk, I want to be a model this week, I need to do some rapping, my Pussycat has run off again etc so sod it I'll just go through the motions at work and blame everyone else.
Imagine if you were booked in for that much needed brain transplant next Monday but the surgeon was preoccupied by his crap game of golf on Sunday. Wouldn't you be rather disappointed if he located your nice shiny donated brain up your a*se next to your current one rather than finding a more suitable place for it just because his mind was on other things?

Ptolemy

July 13, 2013 3:36 AM

Why does Lewis Hamilton get such a disproportionate amount of attention. I mean he is just an average driver. So why don't we see stories like "Are you a Nico Rosberg Fan" or " Are you a Jenson fan" or "Are you a Vettel fan?" I guess I know why we don't see "Vettel Fan" questions. We saw what British fans think of The Wunderkind when his gearbox broke at Silverstone and the British fans let out a guttural roar in delight. Why do the British hate Sebastian so? The boy has even mentioned how much he admires the British several times, yet they still hate him for no reason. Can anyone explain?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »