F1 » Massa: I know what I have to do to keep my Ferrari seat

Felipe Massa: The pace is there so I'm not worried about that

Taipan

July 19, 2013 11:04 PM

Felipe has shown some genuine race pace this season but sadly the results are not coming. Ferrari have shown him the loyalty that he deserves but without results it can't go on forever.
Since Pirelli came into F1 Alonso has had 28 podiums for the team, in the same time Felipe has had 3. Alonso is an exceptional driver but it needs to be closer than that.
I hope he has a return to form as you wont find a better sportsman in the F1 paddock.

Firestorm

July 20, 2013 2:17 AM

I believe that Massa's problems are directly correlated to his car's performance. In 2010 Ferrari F10 was a very competitive proposition from time to time and Massa managed some podiums and was winning in Germany but team orders.....Ferrari didn't had such a competitve year as that on the last few years. Alonso has improved as a driver since than, last year he was nearly perfect, in 2010 he made some uncharacteristic mistakes in Australia, China, Britain, Belgium etc. Massais the same since the start of 2010. If the car is very competitive he manages good results, if not....That's the main difference between Massa and Alonso.

richard

July 20, 2013 12:48 PM

I feel sorry for flip. he is the dogsbody for Ferrari, testing new parts for ferdi. the suspension problems and gearbox problems have been Ferrari problems, NOT flips. that is probably why he feels reasonably safe (metaphorically) at Ferrari. but I agree that bianchi will be the next Ferrari signing, maybe not for 2014, but surely for 2015

off to brno next week but sadly weather forecast is pretty bad.... rain and thunder.

107SS2009

July 20, 2013 1:13 PM

2014 is going to be a totally new experience for all teams, therefore stability in any one of the aspects that constitutes the set-up of a team will be a priority, top of the list will be drivers that are experienced and totally settled-in and most importantly disciplined re their team requests/instructions during a race, and a note here, I am not talking about team orders but technical matters.

LJ

July 20, 2013 5:42 PM

I don't feel sorry for Felipe. He's had his chance at Ferrari, earned millions and had their full support before during and after his near fatal accident. His performance since have tailed off and he should have been replaced after last season which was his worst for Ferrari.

If I was in charge I would hire Kobayashi in a heart beat. It's been some time since Ferrari had a really exciting attacking driver.

1 2 3  »