F1 » Massa: I know what I have to do to keep my Ferrari seat

Felipe Massa: The pace is there so I'm not worried about that

pcxmac

July 20, 2013 8:17 PM

Kobayashi deserves Massa's seat about as much as I do. Bianchi, Alonso's double will be taking Massa's seat shortly, the deck is stacked against Massa, and if I were him I would know when to fold it, there really are better things one can do with their life than entertaining people.

F1Rules

July 20, 2013 8:46 PM

I agree with LJ 90% and richard only 10%. With richard's point, one could argue that Felipe should know the car even better because he is the one testing all the new parts!

Besides, my main reason is simple. I have gone through the "feeling sorry for Felipe" phase for many years now - and all I see is only one driver (Alonso) taking the fight to the Bulls, Mercedes, Lotus, etc. I am now at the "no more sentiments about Felipe" phase, since Red Bull are about to strengthen their driver line-up even further. I am a Ferrari fan in general, but not a hater or lover of any particular driver in F1. I want to see greater competition all round between the teams and something has to give where Ferrari are concerned. The accident can no longer be an excuse. It is what it is...

107SS2009

July 21, 2013 4:34 AM

For 2014 driver experience and self discipline and working/driving as instructed by the pit wall will make the difference as against outright speed, a new driver for next year will spell a greater risk than in previous years.

rob01

July 21, 2013 2:53 PM

2014 will also be a year of learning the new car. It may be far more important to get a new driver in place to learn the systems for years to come. Instead of hanging on to a driver that is an annual crap shoot. I like Massa but can't see him taking a Ferrari seat beyond this year.

richard

July 21, 2013 7:01 PM

rob. I agree with sunny. flipknows the Ferrari set-up and his engineers. he does plenty of testing for them, so it would be far better for Ferrari to have a known quantity for the first year of the new (spec) formula. put in a new driver and Ferrari would not know if the driver was the problem or their engineering.

I know that you are an avid Ferrari fan, so I trust that you are eagerly awaiting the news that their engine will be producing 35 more bhp than the merc or Renault!

107SS2009

July 21, 2013 9:13 PM

Apart from mechanical problems that might crop-up due to heat levels which will be new to F1 and the mileage the v6 will have to cover, the driver management of the race distance in cooperation with the pit wall will be the factors that wins a race in 2014 and not the speed, the racing will be more akin to an economy run.

107SS2009

July 21, 2013 9:25 PM

Richard, re the new v6 hp output.
There will be just three engine suppliers, these three engine suppliers can be said to be the top of a F1 engine makers, technically speaking there will be no differences in engine power outputs as it is only possible to extract/produce a certain amount of power out of a given amount of fuel burned.
Any differences will come from the ERS system.

« 1 2 3  »