F1 » Alonso/Red Bull rumours add intrigue to summer break

The lack of a concrete denial from Christian Horner adds fuel to speculation that Fernando Alonso may be chasing Red Bull seat for 2014.

1Jez

July 29, 2013 10:31 AM

Just clever misdirection from Horner. He knows that by not flat out denying a rumour, the media will be all over it like a cheap suit, taking pressure off the Ricciardo/Raikonnen question. I'm sure the meeting would have been regarding Sainz Jr filling Ricciardo's old seat at Torro Rosso.

That's my theory, anyway.

waldrive

July 29, 2013 10:36 AM

Does anyone believe that Alonso or Kimi would seriously consider signing with redbullmanureracing while goldenbaby is still under contract with them?

This is a smoke & mirrors show for naive, & or, gullible F1 followers.
Ricciardo is the only choice for the poisoned chalice co-driver seat!

ian mcinnes

July 29, 2013 11:11 AM

Agree with Golan, the silly season, probably all the hot weather, scrambling the brain cells.
However after following Ferrari since 1972, through all the good and bad, I can see Ferrari being back as they were in the 80s and 90s, is was not until Shummi arrived that it sorted out--- just like at Red Bull now, being a realist, I can see Ferrari being mid grid runners, they have stood by Massa - who was good, but he needs to admit to himself-- move on. Alonso was never one of my favorites, but give him some credit, he has tried his best with Ferrari, and they CANNOT produce a car- I very much doubt any decent driver would want to go there, and if Alonso had any sense and wants another title, I would be knocking on a lot of doors for a drive. Is this a sign of the times, Ferrari supplying Murassia engines, as all the 4 cars would be RED, HELP !!!!!!
I think Ferrari are needing a total BRAIN SHAMPOO TREATMENT , and soon.

Yes Yes Yes Leave Me Alone

July 29, 2013 12:00 PM

Makes sense from Alonso's point of view - I think this season was make or break for Ferrari - they haven't delievered and arguably have fallen further behind Lotus.

SV/FA would be one of the greatest driver line-ups of all time. And with an Adrian Newey designed car, and a team with a near unlimited budget, there would be no stopping them!

Firestorm

July 29, 2013 12:08 PM

I think this is silly. Alonso is a driver acustomed to have the entire team around him. With Vettel around as well, that would be impossible. Then, who can secure Alonso that Red Bull will be faster than Ferrari in 2014 with the regulation changes? I think is just speculation.

1 2 3 4  »