F1 » Alonso/Red Bull rumours add intrigue to summer break

The lack of a concrete denial from Christian Horner adds fuel to speculation that Fernando Alonso may be chasing Red Bull seat for 2014.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Liam48

July 29, 2013 12:29 PM

I'd rather see Kimi at Red Bull than Fernando as I believe Kimi will take less of the bull****!

Also I'm going to be blunt here as I've said it in the past but I still believe that Kimi on natural talent alone is the best out there and slightly better than Alonso and he is more exciting on and off the track. I feel he'd take the title next year against Vettel.

whitew

July 29, 2013 12:58 PM

Think Vettel answered it on the BBC last night. Kimi or Fernando.................

Answer Kimi.................... Which I think is the right choice. Kimi has way more ability than Alonso.

samh

July 29, 2013 12:59 PM

This would be a bad move for alonso. It would be mclaren all over again. It wouldn't take him long to throw his toys out the pram when he sees vettel getting the slightest hint of any preferential treatment.

TRIFFID

July 29, 2013 1:12 PM

Hmmmmmmmm.........may also be Horners way of keeping Vettel at home,give the kid something to worry about,you cant have two WC's contenders happily working together in the same team and they know it,cant be two number one's,if Vettel has any idea's for a change of team,this may settle him for a bit,I believe Ricciardo is the sensible option imho.

Redstone

July 29, 2013 1:22 PM

If Alonso goes to Red Bull, though i doubt it will come to pass, we will then see how good Vettel really is as Alonso as a multiple world champion will want parity at the least and would not allow Vettel to be number one in the team as he has been to be up to now.
Red Bull are more likely to choose Riccardo as it will ensure Vettel stays as number one

lux

July 29, 2013 1:55 PM

I really don't like this sugary, unhealthy drink company/sponsor...

I hope Alonso stays in Ferrari, and even if he doesn't, I hope Ferrari will make a top notch competitive car for 2014..

Cris Zarate

July 29, 2013 2:12 PM

It's not a surprise that Horner is fueling the speculation. Horner is flimsy SOB, just look at what they are doing to Webber. We all know that Alonso would not be interested in a RedBull, He is already on Ferrari. Winning on a Redbull is good, but winning on a Ferrari is great. Redbull is only good becuase of Newey, what if he quits? It's obvious that all this talk is just to force Kimi's hands into agreeing on the terms of Redbull, I think Kimi is still hesitant being a Vettel's b1tch dictated under contract. One advice, don't listen to Horner or Dietrich.. they are like Flavio Briatore of 2013, they don't have the honor of such team manager such as Frank Williams or Peter Sauber.

« 1 2 3 4  »