F1 » Di Montezemolo questions FIA 'courage'

Luca di Montezemolo questions the courage of the FIA for the way in which it dealt with the Mercedes tyre test

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Mark _

August 06, 2013 8:24 PM

Sunny - Luca may be correct but that is not the point. The point is that it is a bit ironic to accuse someone else of sneaking a cookie from the cookie jar if you still have cookie crumbs on your own fingers.

107SS2009

August 06, 2013 9:06 PM

Mark, of course LCDM was right in all he said, there was no need of me being told so, having read the original interview in his native language I had no doubt at all.
Now I challenge you to come forward and explain (but with solid facts) about what you termed the cookie crumbs on FERRARI'S fingers, and be warned that anything less than solid facts will meet not with a brick wall neither with a stone wall but with a cast iron one at that as I am truly getting fed up with all this blab lab lab.

Taipan

August 06, 2013 10:09 PM

It is strange how Mercedes seem to have picked up certain "fans" this season, the sort of "fans" who have no objections what so ever to them blatantly cheating. They do remind me of certain people who called themselves McLaren fans until recently.
There can only be one explanation for this switch in allegiance but I'd never have guessed Paddy Lowe had such a loyal following.....

kiwibob

August 06, 2013 10:58 PM

SS is it not a fact that ferrari had drs working when it should not have been and is it not a fact they also did a secret tyre test then carried on there own testing after that even though they were using a 2011 car

Taipan

August 06, 2013 11:15 PM

So Alonso having a fault in his DRS activation which not only didn't gain him a single place in the race but was deemed to have cost him time because he couldn't activate it when required is proof of Ferrari cheating?

F**k me if that's not grasping at straws I don't know what is!

Mark _

August 07, 2013 12:05 AM

@Taipan - From what I read the team didn't change the DRS settings from the pre-race setting to the race setting. This allowed FA to activate it at will. Is that cheating? It was a rules infraction and only they know what their intent was. I actually prefer Ferrari to most teams but I think that Luca looks bad with all of the finger pointing.

I am pretty sure that you know that I am no fan of Hamilton so please don't think that I am defending Mercedes for that reason. In my opinion the whole secret test thing has been blown way out of proportion. If people are upset they should direct their anger at Charlie who advised Mercedes on how to skirt the regulations.

Taipan

August 07, 2013 12:30 AM

Mark,

"This oversight meant that Alonso incorrectly received 'DRS enabled' messages and while he duly incorrectly activated the rear-wing flap on three occasions, the stewards ultimately ruled that while a mild sporting advantage had been gained - less than one second over the entire 70-lap distance - the Spaniard in turn had also "suffered a disadvantage by being unable to use DRS on every legitimate occasion".

At best a 1 second gain in one race doesn't really compare to the advantage Mercedes have gained since their 1000km private test.

I'm well aware that you're a genuine fan Mark and not a fanboy.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »