F1 » Ward quits FIA role to stand as presidental candidate

David Ward has finally confirmed that he intends to stand against Jean Todt in the forthcoming FIA presidential elections.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Taz

August 29, 2013 11:38 AM

So who is worse? David or Jean?

Answers on a postcard.

I'd be genuinely interested in everyone's opinion.

Not a huge fan of Todt's myself but he's probably been better than Max (marginally).

Taipan

August 29, 2013 12:01 PM

Taz, I expected more from Todt, he's been as quiet as a mouse for most of his tenure, although compared to Mosley that's probably a good thing as he seemed to be at the centre of every problem, argument, dungeon on a weekly basis.
I don't know much about Ward but being Mosley's side kick for years is a concern.

richard

August 29, 2013 2:36 PM

ty , I agree about todt. he has been outstanding in his silence, and has never stood his ground when needed. when he was with Peugeot and Ferrari, he was in the news nearly every week. now....zilch. I don't know much about ward, but if he was mosleys sidekick, he could well turn out to be more effective?

Taipan

August 29, 2013 3:41 PM

Richard, Exactly, at Peugeot and Ferrari Todt was a great leader, where's that leadership gone? It's starting to look like he just took on this job as a nice money spinning prelude to retirement. Shame as I thought he'd bring some much needed common sense to the table.
I wonder if Ari would have been the better choice after all?

Fullofit

August 29, 2013 4:14 PM

So these are the only options?

I'm still not convinced that an organization that looks after caravan clubs, breakdown assistance & crash test dummies should also be administering motorsport.
I've been a fan for years, held media accreditation, & shot thousands of photos but I get no vote. Suzie Homemaker with her caravan club membership gets one ... odd.

The election & voting process is seriously flawed too.
These guys need to campaign for nominations & votes. That just opens it all up to bribery & favour bartering.

Taipan

August 29, 2013 4:34 PM

Fullofit, Agreed the current set up is wide open to lobbying, (something that Ward himself was accused of last time)
Giving Burundi or Trinidad and Tobago the same voting power as Germany, USA, UK etc is not ideal. Offer someone a new bin for their car park and bingo you've grabbed a couple of votes!

1 2 3  »