F1 » Alonso: I still want to finish my career with Ferrari

Fernando Alonso: I still have three and a half years with Ferrari, which I intend to respect and hopefully increase a little bit. I'd like to try to finish my career with the best team in the world, which is Ferrari.

Firestorm

September 05, 2013 7:05 PM

Drivers come and goes, Ferrari always is there. Just a pitty that Ferrari didn't made justice to Alonso's superb driving skills. When he left McLaren at the end of 2007 he said that McLaren has what it takes to win races and fight for the title but in the end they lacks the extra thing you need to win championships. The same is happening to him at Ferrari now. I believe that McLaren Mp4-22 challenger was more competitive in 2007 than all of his Ferraris from 2010 to 2013. When I remember how much happy I was when Alonso signed for Ferrari....Damn to you Adrian Newey! :P

f3

September 05, 2013 7:33 PM

Alonso is just another top driver who is finding it hard watching Vettel clean up the F1 scene with cars Alonso himself and others would love to drive knowing if they had a chance of piloting a Newey slingshot he may well of added a third WDC to his record.

benignlyindifferent

September 05, 2013 7:53 PM

f3
Agreed. I think the passion of the moment prompted an ill advised "discussion" if one occurred at all. Still, much of what was said today could have been stated weeks ago and would have set the record state. I think it has taken time for him to again recognize the incredible opportunity he has at Ferrari.

raju

September 05, 2013 11:07 PM

From the comments he has made it looks clear there was a rift however not sure if its still there. I am sure Alonso is motivated however if the environment in ferrari has changed he will be the first person to get affected(remember lewis-alonso in mclaren)

general

September 06, 2013 2:20 AM

Well he have,nt prove he was another michael shumacher at ferrari and yes he might get another drive some where else lets face it Alonza day are over period and i hope ferrari keep building him duds because next year they will be running out of fuel again .

19Krpm

September 06, 2013 2:36 AM

F1 fans still remember crashgate and how all worked out to benefit this crybaby, while his former younger teammate Piquet Jr. was sacrificed to help make FA move up the points. I have no respect for a driver who still needs the helpf ot team manager everytime his team mate Felipe approaches him to make a pass on the track. FA is wasting his time dreaming the he is going to get another WDC. In reality, his F1 career has already ended with crashgate.

1 2  »