F1 » Business as usual for Vettel at Monza

It was as close as you could get to an average day at the office, as an untroubled victory in Monza continued Sebastian Vettel's seemingly unstoppable march to a fourth world title.

Tesla

September 09, 2013 11:44 AM

There is a German driver who is better than Vettel but he isn't in the F1. Vettel can win five titles or perhaps or oevertake equal Schumi but if he threads the same path it will end up as Schumi II reign. That really sucks! :D

Texas Roadhouse

September 09, 2013 12:20 PM

As in the Schumacher era, and before that when Williams were the dominant team, it's for the others to catch up, not for RBR to slow down. I wish there were more in the mix for wins, but that's neither Newey's, nor Vettel's fault.

richard

September 09, 2013 12:40 PM

tesla. what a tirade! ok, we get it, you don't like vettel, but your comments require to be answered.

1 I hope that he is not like senna, an arrogant driver who put others lives at risk with his desire to deprive them of points.

2. I have never seen vettel give up when he does not have the best car. he drove around two problems yesterday, or did you not see that. even when Alonso has the best car, vettel can still beat him!

3. since when did poles dictate who wins a race?

4 vettel not a great champion? so your opinion is gospel? the booing is down to plain bigotry, and the brits do exactly the same!

5, seb has done some great overtakes and is just as good as lulu or ferdi

6 glad to see that you agree that his teammate is selfish and disrespectful! as for long interviews? maybe the commentators are asking too many questions. if you don't like them, switch off!

morgan. exactly, and I have always said that about schumi too. it is up to others to catch up, just as seb di

Objective

September 09, 2013 1:16 PM

I have been reserving my assessment of Vettel as a great F1 driver. It has taken me a while but I am now convinced that he is the real deal. I think he will eventually be mentioned alongside such names as Clark, Senna, Fangio.

I had thought that Alonso would be the next big thing after Schumi but I think he will more likely be remembered for the controversies associated with him than his actual achievements. I do feel sorry for Massa though.

Doo

September 09, 2013 2:41 PM

Tesla- you got a bit carried away. I dont like Vettel as well, but give him some credit.

Richard- you got a bit carried away- "even when Alonso has the best car, vettel can still beat him"

Doo

September 09, 2013 4:00 PM

Richard- last year Mclaren was the best car in half of the season. and having the best car isnt everything- terrible pit stops, so many techinal problems, dnf-s, stupid calls from the wall etc.
Red Bull had the best pack in most of the races, especially after the summer break. Ferrari was good the best only in the first third/half of the season.
And dont get me wrong- Im not saying it to undervalue red bull/Vettel.
What Alonso did last season- was a miracle.

this year- in how many races Ferrari has been the best car exactly? its almost impossible for Alonso to win when Ferrari is so bad on saturdays

rob01

September 09, 2013 7:12 PM

when merc, ferrari or lotus slap on a new rear wing and Keep the front one the same i will then think they are the one with the best car. vettel has driven the dominate car for years. vettel its good but he was Spoon Fed since 12 years old by Red Bull. you doubting that?

« 2 3 4 5 6 7  »