F1 » Massa helps Ferrari back into second spot

Ferrari reclaimed second position in the 2013 F1 constructors' standings thanks to a 2-4 result on home soil at Monza.

bobsmyname

September 09, 2013 8:27 AM

I agree. In particular his race in Brazil last year was excellent. One of the best rear gunner drives I've ever seen.

However, as much as I like Massa, I think it's time for a change. Pretty sure Kimi will get it, but hope its Hulk!

Taz

September 09, 2013 8:47 AM

"he's a damn good number 2 driver"

He was but he's had too many bad weekends. Always ups his game when his seat is under threat and although he's had a better season than last it's not really good enough if they want the constructors....which they don't seem bothered about.

Doo

September 09, 2013 8:49 AM

as much as I like Massa, I think he should leave.
Ferrari needs new blood. I would like to see the Hulk.
Kimi is a good driver but a long-term solution as Hulkenberg is better in my opinion.

Matt2

September 09, 2013 10:27 AM

Felippe Massa 79, Alonso 169

Hes good second driver, are you kidding me? This has been hes one and only good race this season and Ferrari was right up there with RedBull as car wize in this race. Massa has had 3 years, and hes shown us basicly nothing. Having couple of good races in a year doesent make him a good driver. He was once a verge on becoming a great but then there was the accident. Webber and Roseberg have been far superior second drivers.

I will be slitting my wrist if he gets to keep hes seat, AGAIN...

Buck Bundy

September 09, 2013 10:54 AM

One race doesn't prove he's worthy of the drive. Neither does that one race prove Hulk is worthy of it either, but looking back Hulk seem smuch more worthy than Massa.

Personally I'd like to see Hulk and Kimi, but without Ferrari's usual favouritism for one driver.

Taipan

September 09, 2013 12:31 PM

The German papers are reporting that the deal has been done with Kimi and Alonso is furious. Some are even saying that Alonso will leave Ferrari because of it and join Lotus.

Not my view just what's being said elsewhere.

1 2 3  »