F1 » Vettel dazzles under the lights at Singapore

An unassailable Sebastian Vettel left the rest of the field grasping at shadows under the floodlights in Singapore, but a safety car and divergent pit strategies led to an exciting finish further back.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

WadeAus

September 22, 2013 3:45 PM

The way Vettel pushes the car that much more than Webber, you'd think it would be Vettel's car breaking down all the time. But I guess not.

Great start from Alonso! 7th to 3rd in one corner!

Good drive by Vettel as well. I mean, 2 s a lap faster after the safety car?

chete44

September 22, 2013 3:51 PM

That RBR car cant be 2sec. faster -on worn tyres- than any other, including his team mates.
No hope this will be ammended,I suspect this will last as long as FIA is looking elsewhere.
Amazing Kimi from 13 to 3 .

Webbertron

September 22, 2013 3:53 PM

Well Richard, first of all it was Vettel who annihilated the field, I doubt Chilton would be able to pull out a 30 second lead even in the RB9. Now, I would not buy a Renault based on the fact that two of their engines failed during the race which compromised two drivers getting good solid results, and for the fact that they don't make anything RWD. If I had an important meeting to get to I sure as hell wouldn't want my car catching fire on the way there.

107SS2009

September 22, 2013 3:57 PM

In these last F1 car generations (last three-four years) nobody went over the line re the electronics (driver aid) as much as RBR did, they were made/ordered to stop using engine mapping to control throttle to blow their diffuser, they were made to stop using anti-stall map memory for both lunch control and traction control, the facts are that FERRARI came out first with the two clutch paddles system and still nobody can (consistently at least) match their perfected system now copied by one and all.

richard

September 22, 2013 3:59 PM

webbertron. glad that you accept that it is seb who makes the difference!
webbers engine didn't catch fire, it blew. and the engines are not made by Renault anyway, they are built by mecachrome, and badged as Renaults. but I doubt you will find one in your clio....although saying that, I think that Renault (alpine) did in fact build a rwd f1 engine clio.

ps. did anyone notice the coolness between Alonso and kimi. not a word between them!

subra

September 22, 2013 4:10 PM

Vetted was superb .one may have the best car but it also needs a good driver.kimi was great .Alonso will have tough time to beat his own team mate.next seeason.finally the booing by the crowd of the winner on podium was most unpleasant.

BoufieWolf

September 22, 2013 4:12 PM

I wish someone could at least challenge Seb/RBR, it's rather dull when one team/driver wins every title from year to year. No offense to Seb as such he is a good driver just I am not a fan. I had to laugh at Crofty though when he said at the start "millions of collective cheers when Nico passed Seb followed by millions of groans when Seb passed back"

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »