F1 » Hamilton vows to push hard

Lewis Hamilton vows to push hard to try and beat Sebastian Vettel to victory in the Korean Grand Prix

tomcol

October 05, 2013 3:05 PM

FW14 - Just accept it. Vettel is way better than Hamilton. That Merc is very quick in qualifying and still Vettel has no trouble in beating him. Perhaps if Hamilton got rid of some of his pathetic bling he might do a bit better.

Firestorm

October 05, 2013 3:11 PM

I'm pleased to see Lewis on top form again after two dissapointing results in Italy and Singapore. But on race pace the RB9 should be far superior and if anything does go normal we will see Vettel pulling away with relative ease and Webber making up places one after another. Maybe the weather will spice up the show.

Firestorm

October 05, 2013 4:05 PM

@FW14
First of all let me say I agree with you at the point that Hamilton can challenge and maybe beat Vettel on similar performing cars. I always stated that's the car is making the difference. But to say that Hamilton could have smashed Vettel if his car... ect, looks wrong to me. Both of them are very fast and could have a fierce competition between them if they were driving the same car. Actually I just red an article: Red Bull's car, not driver, 'unbeatable' - Hamilton/Lewis Hamilton believes that Sebastian Vettel is not the best driver in F1 field.
Back in 2001-2004 no driver did said that I am better than Michael Schumacher. Because they know very well this job and knows very well the border between driver performance bravura and machine's performance.

pcxmac

October 05, 2013 4:33 PM

dont hate on the haters, all they want to do is point fingers and repeat ad nauseam. The thing is we don't know how much faster Vettel's car is, because like the guys say on TV, his car isnt really sliding or spinning up, which means with the heavier fuel loads he will probably be much much quicker. Lewis will have to think hard about the long game and hope those medium tires work and he has a shot at wearing Vettel down on his tire life, which will be very difficult, especially if hes running some form of 'torque' control,

I think if Merc or Ferrari really want to win, they will have to put one of their drivers in front of vettel and slow him down after the pit stop, big style.

130R

October 05, 2013 4:50 PM

Seems everyone on this forum has the red mist descend, when their favourite driver has a punch thrown at him.

Valid arguments take the back seat when the boasting starts, and even those lacking tact do - at times, have valid points.

Thankfully, my idol drivers are either dead or retired - though I do admit to having a penchant for Raikonnen..........

So leave him alone or I'll burn all your houses down!!!!

Jamal22

October 05, 2013 6:40 PM

Here's a likely scenario for the start:
Vettel gets a decent getaway and after a great exit out of turns 1 and 2, disappears into the distance, never to be seen again, in classic 2011 style. Behind him Hamilton has a slower start, and will be busy fending off Grosjean, Rosberg, and Alonso, with the latter ending up second by turn four.

As for the qualifying, I got a little bit excited when I saw Hamilton's 42.5 in the middle sector, although it turned out to be only a 42.599. I think Lewis could possibly have found a bit more time in S3, but Vettel was out of reach today anyway.

I'm curious to see what Webber can do from P13 today. I think Mark has put in plenty of solid performances this season, but without any stand-out drives like last year Monaco and Silverstone, the year feels a bit wasted. A podium will be a long shot tomorrow, though at least he shouldn't have the excuse of short gears in the race.

Objective

October 06, 2013 5:13 AM

The only chance Hamilton has is to beat Vettel into turn 1 and keep him there until the DRS is available. By then Alonso will be up Vettel's exhaust pipe and will blast past to challenge Hamilton. Then it will all come down to tyre wear and pit stop strategies. This is excluding any early mishaps that could possibly occur.

pcxmac

October 06, 2013 5:33 AM

Ferrari is more of a worry than Vettel in the first few laps, Lewis is gonna have to try and gap the Ferrari before it can get too close for DRS, then he can worry about Vettel. But to be honest, Lewis is gonna have to earn it on the medium tires later in the race, Ferrari will be a bigger issue down the straight.

RB was saying that Merc was good with fuel, so I dont know, maybe Merc will be lighter than usual at the start, perhaps something new will happen.

1 2  »