F1 » Raikkonen to stick with short wheelbase

Kimi Raikkonen to stick with the short wheelbase Lotus for the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas

ThePaddock1

November 08, 2013 7:26 PM

well mr ice man. if you feel you drive better with the short wheelbase you go for it. only two more races with lotus then the test with ferrari and alonso begin. I for one cant wait to see who comes out on top. good luck kimi.

intheredcorner

November 08, 2013 9:35 PM

it would be good for lotus to have 'both' cars at the sharp end of the race results, romain with the teams love and kimi looking to leave some love of his own with the team should produce some good racing between the pair. throw the mercedes and ferraris into the mix and there is still plenty of racing to look forward to in the final races.

Mark _

November 08, 2013 10:46 PM

@ThePaddock1 - I fully agree with you. My question was really more about Kimi's last year with Ferrari. For whatever reason Kimi didn't seem to care and Massa was clearly better that year. Assuming that Fernando does not fall out with the team next year I don't think that it will be that close. I guess I am still surprised that Ferrari would take that chance again.

Taipan

November 08, 2013 11:08 PM

Mark, I think Kimi is a great addition to F1 but when it comes to dedication, commitment and desire to win I think he's a long way behind Vettel and Alonso and that'll be the difference next year.
I'm sure his natural ability will mean he beats Alonso on quite a few occasions but I'd be surprise if the gap between them is less than 50 points next year.

Mark _

November 08, 2013 11:29 PM

@Taipan - Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy having Kimi in F1. His offer from Ferrari seems like it was really meant to light a fire under Alonso after the dressing down that he received over the summer.

JJJ

November 09, 2013 2:18 AM

I just hope we get to see the Kimi that showed up at the beginning of last year again next year at Ferrari and not the Kimi we see now at Lotus and saw at the end of his previous stint at Ferrari. I fear FA is going to want to beat Kimi way more than the other way around.

If he's not on top of his game FA is going to chew him up and spit him out and he's probably just going to give up and collect his paycheck. Might be a better time than ever to be 3rd driver at Ferrari next year, one way or the other there may be a call to fill in for one of their drivers. Kobayashi better stick around.

107SS2009

November 09, 2013 7:16 AM

As to what the Alonso/Kimi partnership at FERRARI next year will turn out to be like we will all have to wait to see, but up to now it can be said that they are both on the same grid line (two abreast) as re their weight and size, they can virtually use the same seat.

1 2  »