F1 » Schumacher undergoes second operation

Doctors: “The situation is better controlled than it was yesterday. However, we are unable to say he's out of danger, although we have gained a bit of time...”

Taipan

December 31, 2013 10:36 AM

He's putting up quite a fight, as expected.

Great to hear even a little positive news, keep fighting Michael we're all behind you.

Edit, I should change the last line to "We're all behind you except for the twisted bellends who disagree with this comment"

walrus909

December 31, 2013 12:55 PM

@Taipan. Nothing like a tragedy to bring out the trolls.

Above all else, Michael is a father who was enjoying an outing with his son.

Something similar could happen to anyone of us with family.

I know how exactly how his son feels, for him goes my sympathy.

benignlyindifferent

December 31, 2013 1:41 PM

I was encouraged a little by the following statement byTony Belli, a consultant neurosurgeon and reader in neurotrauma at Birmingham University. Having dealt with many similar injuries he made this statement in the Guardian regarding Michael's prognosis. "He's got a lot of factors in his favour. He's more likely than not to make a good recovery, despite all the concerns that have been raised. From the description of his injuries, it will take weeks, even months to recover, but I do expect him to make a good recovery."
Grasping at straws, perhaps, but I was pleased to read a little good news by someone with expertise in this medical field.

107SS2009

December 31, 2013 2:03 PM

“bellends,trolls!” do not let the number of disagrees impress you mates, it is not the work of that number of trolls, it is the work of the most despicable person to have ever trolled on all of the F1 sites. Just follow what I said yesterday and what I said that this parasite declared to me on 247 as to what he is doing on here. I have checked the validity of his claim that “the more they block me the more I keep coming back” and was assured that he can use many e-mail addresses and so he can pleasure his twisted mind pressing the disagree button to his heart content.

Nigel Tasker

December 31, 2013 2:25 PM

Very sad to hear this news about Michael.

As a F1 fan and a Ferrari fan Michael brought many great memories to and enjoyment to me and no doubt many thousands of fans around the world.

Michael I wish you & hope you have a speedy recovery, my thoughts are with you & your family at this time.

Get well soon Champ I know you can do it.

1 2  »