F1 » Boullier: Lotus won’t be only test absentee

Eric Boullier insists that Lotus is healthy ahead of F1 2014, and won't be the only team missing from the Jerez group test later this month.

Shannon

January 09, 2014 10:50 AM

I have no problem seeing a few cars beak down, used to happen all the time. Thats what makes it exciting and mixes things up not double points for one race! F1 is a team sport and the better engineers and teams that are reliable could surprise this year. I imagine a midfield team could do very well on reliability alone.

107SS2009

January 09, 2014 11:04 AM

Something is making it increasingly hard for me to believe all that is said by Lotus, short term I only hope they will be on the grid for the first race.
Has Lotus officially confirmed an engine supply yet for 2014? Those this indicate a possible ongoing discussions about payments?.
Somebody said that the salary owned to Kimi amounts to more than the season salary for the whole team members, is it possible for Kimi to drive Lotus to the wall?.

omah1975

January 09, 2014 12:02 PM

I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the money that Maldonado is bringing this season is going straight to Kimi and that it will be next season before they see any money from his backers.

Taz

January 09, 2014 12:16 PM

@107SS2009
I wouldn't trust anything Boulier says, he's a proven fibber.

@omah1975
Maldernandos backers said they'd only sign if the money was only spent of Pastors car....and it's inevitable repair bill. If that is still the case is anyone's guess.

theoldgitspeaks

January 09, 2014 1:49 PM

Boullier talks the talk but I rather suspect that Lotus are deep in it, they still I believe need to pay Raikonnen for last season let alone spend money on this season. There are several teams that look to be in the same position so it's no wonder that Bernie is trying to russel up some new entrants, trouble is they will be no hopers as well unless he can persuade BMW/Toyota and others to come back in. The future for F1 looks grim, a boring non competitive series with a reducing number of entrants will sound it's death knell unless there is some really sensible thinking. Unfortunately the FIA have never shown any sense or reason hence the present predicament.

Objective

January 10, 2014 12:20 AM

I think that Lotus has serious cash flow issues and Boullier is yet again obfuscating in the hope that they can secure some more sponsorship money before the season gets underway. I think the cost of the change in regulations has hit teams like Lotus extremely hard.