F1 » Schumacher manager breaks silence

Sabine Kehm again urges caution into reports about the condition of Michael Schumacher, who remains in a stable condition in hospital in Grenoble

Ptolemy

January 17, 2014 7:01 PM

I think Michael is going to be fine in the end. If you read through all the smoke screens and babble, it seems that the doctors are wanting to keep him stationary in order to give his brain the best possible chance to recover from its injury. This time next year I hope we will see the old Schumi !!!!!!

MoD1982

January 17, 2014 7:10 PM

This newest announcement was brought about by the tabloid press, as per usual, trying to make a story out of nothing just to sell some sodding printed paper.

I first read about it in a copy of The Sun that I borrowed from a workmate for my lunch break. When I got home I checked all the specialist media and all the F1 websites - nothing.
That was when I knew it was a load of b.s.

Screw the tabloids. Get well soon Herr Schumacher. Best wishes to the family.

Taipan

January 17, 2014 7:13 PM

It would maybe be a good idea for Sabine to release an official statement each week even if there is no significant changes in Michael's condition just to help prevent speculation.
Seems to me that some of the opinions that have appeared recently are because there has been nothing official and papers are compelled to write something/anything.

I agree with Richard, nobody can say how this will turn out, some people recover completely from similar injuries and some don't, I sincerely hope Michael is one of the former but speculating on the outcome is futile and that'll be why Michael's doctors are making no predictions.

sfdjtim

January 17, 2014 9:03 PM

MoD1982- You hit the nail on the head! I explained that exact same thing on someones facebook post because of a crap "story" that was printed by some media outlet.

The story was so generic and had absolutely no merit as to the actual condition of Schumacher. Everyone just ate it up and started posting somber replies. People fell for it... hook, line, and sinker.

It would be like someone taking their car to a specialist to get repaired and then having updates posted from some shade-tree mechanics saying that the car will never run again based on symptoms they heard about.

I believe Michael will pull through... just give it some time!

Tomco

January 17, 2014 9:10 PM

Monstermash - With all due respect, no amount of prayers are going to make any difference whtsoever. Hes got a head injury. I imagine the doctors are coping just fine. They make the differerence to his health not prayers. ffs

Darbo

January 18, 2014 9:31 AM

ok richard
if anyone i know ever gets put in a coma for a month things are looking good
no point worrying as they will be fine

richard says so

your the one that needs to get real

id like to believe he will be fine
but having a smack in the head that hard cannot be a good thing

richard

January 18, 2014 12:44 PM

darbo. looks like you know little of medical matters! it is NOT a natural coma, but one that is induced so as to give the body a chance to heal. these induced comas can be for quite a long period of time. nobody, not even doctors or surgeons can have any idea of what improvements there are until the person is brought out of a coma. I never said that schumi will be ok, or that he will not, as I just don't know.
maria was in an induced coma for quite a period too,and despite her horrific injuries, was fully alert and cognaisent when brought out of it. sadly her terrible injuries did eventually lead to her sad passing.
I am neither optimistic nor pessimistic, only time will tell, but don't write schumi off!

1 2  »