F1 » No wrongdoing in Schumacher accident

The investigation on to Michael Schumacher's skiing accident has been closed, with the prosecutor saying "no person has been found guilty of any violation"

Taz

February 17, 2014 1:53 PM

fourteenseven: a little bit much disagreeing with someone hoping he gets over pneumonia

It's rgb, he's created 2 different accounts this morning alone. Just ignore him, he's a sociopath.

bobsmyname

February 18, 2014 11:35 AM

I wonder how much money this USELESS investigation wasted!

What a total load of rubbish! I wish him all the very best, but the only person to blame is Schumacher.

He was skiing off piste and ANYONE who has ever done any snowboarding or skiing will know that when you go off piste, you take the risk. It says so right on EVERY lift ticket you purchase. A lot of insurance policies will also not cover you if you are skiing off piste.

Besides which - IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!

That's what's wrong with our society - everyone always tries to find someone else to blame. Makes me sick!

richard

February 18, 2014 12:24 PM

bob. your post is a load of rubbish! yes it was an accident, but in most European countries, any happening on a ski slope HAS to be investigated BY LAW. schumi has a property in the area, and I am sure that he would have insurance to cover him off piste as he was an accomplished skier. furthermore, he was not "off piste" in the generally accepted sense. he just went a few meters to the side of the prepared piste at a junction in the piste.

in relation to investigation, my daughter in law was a pedestrian at the top of a gondola lift in Austria, and was bowled over and injured (lightly) by a skier. the polizei HAD to be informed and they carried out an official investigation.
when you are in another country, the laws have to be adhered to.

it wasn't schumis fault, it wasn't anybody's fault.

Taipan

February 18, 2014 8:02 PM

Richard, I know the law is the law but it doesn't make it right. I'm all for investigations to make things safer but the majority of investigations are to find someone to blame and hopefully claim which is sad.
I had a plumber once who stuck his hand into his own toolbag and badly sliced his hand open on his own saw and he decided it was my fault because I was the site manager and tried to claim me for compensation! WTF?

All the best to Michael, I hope we get some good news soon.

richard

February 18, 2014 8:32 PM

ty. the investigation is not to support any liability claim, but to see if any law was broken. ok, that might help in supporting a claim, but it is primarily to see if any of the strict laws on the slopes have been breached or not.
as for your instance. yes, you were responsible. all employees on your site have to be subjected to proper training, and if you did not actually draw attention to the fact that the saw was sharp and could case an injury, legally you could be held responsible! sounds totally mad, but that is the current state of elf and safety!

Taipan

February 18, 2014 9:23 PM

Richard, I wasn't held responsible because the individual in question was a qualified tradesman with 30 years experience and he had been properly inducted (by me) and advised of "site specific" dangers. As a trained person he had some responsibility for his own actions. If he had been an apprentice it would have been different or if the danger had been created by my mismanagement I would have been held responsible.
As an qualified tradesman I was under no obligation to advise him of the dangers of saws because he was well aware of the dangers and created the risk himself (storing a saw teeth up in an open toolbag)

The thing that annoys me is I administered first aid to him and got covered in blood in the process, after trying to claim me I kind of regret not just letting him bleed! :D

1 2  »