F1 » Mercedes and Williams ‘exceptionally strong’

Following the conclusion of testing, Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley tells Crash.net he feels his team has tough competition from Mercedes and Williams

107SS2009

March 04, 2014 8:54 AM

My personal opinion only, from what I have seen so far I don't think it proper to say that “SFI has tough competition from Mercedes and Williams” it is more proper to say that “Mercedes and Williams might have some competition from SFI”.

EdOz

March 04, 2014 9:05 AM

I think Force India might have forgotten McLaren and the fact they didn't do a full performance test like other teams... Too early to count out a team that big.

Having said that... GOOOO WILLIAMS!!!

Piercarlogassolini

March 04, 2014 9:58 AM

Back to the bad old days of the early 80's with decimated fields and points/podiums for the tailenders who's engines hold together? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing - maybe for the casual viewer it will add spectacle, but its a bit depressing for anyone looking for engineering excellence from the flagship formula

Justin

March 04, 2014 10:06 AM

107SS2009

March 04, 2014 10:13 AM

This is a year that being fast means zlig, the one aim is going to be able to cross the finish line, be able to return to the pits and for the FIA to be able to extract that litre of fuel, any one of the above procedures missing and the race results whatever they might be are gone.

EdOz

March 04, 2014 10:35 AM

Justin: While some may not be fans of Massa or Bottas (I don't have a problem with either), I haven't seen anyone not happy with the prospect of Williams being potential front runners this season. I for one really hope it happens, I think almost everyone has a soft spot for Williams, a true to the bones Formula One team. Over the years they have had some of my favourite drivers (a couple of questionable choices over the years too). I really hope they do well and can't wait to see either of their drivers on the podium this year!

Not gonna lie to you... I hated Williams for a while. It started when Senna died and there was (and still is) the suspicion regarding the team and the steering bar and etc so I can't say I've always supported them.

Having said that, these days my views have changed and I reckon the team brings a lot of history to the sport and its past is too big to watch their cars fighting for a single point!

Bring back the glory days!

Firestorm

March 04, 2014 11:15 AM

Most people are happy with the prospect of a competitive Williams. It has to do with their lack of succes in recent years, so everyone is happy to watch them back in front. If they start dominating the sport like RBR did in the last few years, then not so many people will appreciate them. That's the nature of competition. As for me, I love the historical teams, so better Williams than the likes of RBR or SFI.

1 2 3 4 5  »