F1 » Hamilton wants more Rosberg battles

Lewis Hamilton wants more fights with Nico Rosberg after winning a close Mercedes battle in the Bahrain Grand Prix

Nick101

April 06, 2014 8:39 PM

Oh Nico!

Taipan

April 06, 2014 8:48 PM

Nick, fair point. Come to think of it how often has Nico actually been involved in a successful fight for a race win? I'm thinking never, Silverstone and Monaco were close last year but both times he was leading and defending rather than trying to pass. So he's not very experienced in those situations.

Firestorm

April 06, 2014 10:40 PM

That was a good battle. Again F1 has a team dominating and their rivals has a lot to catch up. I find it difficult to find a team beating Mercedes on both titles this year, after the SC they pulled away from Perez at the rate of 2s per lap. If we will watch such battles between the guys on silver arrows all season long than it will be far better than RBR domination last year, when Vettel just pulled away from everyone, including his team mate. Speaking of Vettel, his new team mate has exeeded my expectations. Riccardo looks far stronger than I thought.

wingzero

April 07, 2014 12:41 AM

Amazing race - I kind of feel cheated these last four years at least with Red Bull's conniving team orders...but that's my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with that.
The Mercedes' level of domination is way way more than Ferrari or Red Bull...This harks back to the McLaren MP4/4 levels of domination but with two "boxers" who are willing to duel it out and not just sit there idling. What an almighty scrap behind them as well though. If this race doesn't take the taxi-cab driving comment to the grave, then Luca should just retire and let someone else do the job....

Don Hopings

April 07, 2014 2:13 AM

Nick101: Rosberg threw that one away and he knew it! Rosberg is a good driver with loads of speed, but his race craft needs work! I can't help but think any of the other top 4 or 5 drivers would have nailed Hamilton. Don't get me wrong, Hamilton defended well, but Rosberg should have done him. I wonder if he thought, I know, ill try and go round him on the outside of turn 4. It didn't work the first 3 times I tried it, but maybe it'll work this time.

Oh Nico!

Hamilton stayed in font long enough for Rosberg to burn his tires off. Remember, if you lean on the soft compound if can go away pretty quickly. Rosberg was in dirty air the whole time. That causes understeer and kills your front tires.

EnRiCo47

April 07, 2014 4:55 AM

Hands up all the many people on this site that said that Hamilton made the wrong career move to go MERCEDES.

He is finished .. he will never win anything again... Ferrari would not want him etc etc ..

I think he possibly has more brain than the all lot of us... plus earring ... dog... and "A LIFE OF HIS OWN " that he live the way he likes.

CHEERS :) :) :)

107SS2009

April 07, 2014 6:37 AM

Rosberg thrown that one away, that's correct and there should be no doubt about it.
The fact is LULU has beaten the **** out of Rosberg, this time not only from lights to flag but to rub some salt in with a disadvantage after the safety car and with no chances left of excuses in blaming the car this time, in short the drubbing was totally complete.
Some might be surprised by the above post but in my book there is no two ways about it, hope that pleases his supporters but also hope that his one eyed fan boys will now crack-open their second eye now.

1 2  »