F1 » Alonso and Hamilton praise ‘fantastic’ Ricciardo

Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton have both praised Daniel Ricciardo for his “fantastic” performances so far this season

MikeLite

July 29, 2014 9:46 AM

Ricciardo has shown everyone he is the real deal he has produced some great race and qualifying results this season.

Also he has confirmed what a lot of people myself included have thought about Vettels ability. A good driver flattered by an excellent car. Now he's in a not so good car we are seeing his true level

Tesla

July 29, 2014 9:52 AM

I remember Alonso praising RIC post German GP interviews, so it proves that RIC made good impression on WC drivers. He delivered great results and handed embarrassment to Seb. Bottas dishing out similar taste to Massa. However, I'm more impressed with Hulkenberg and Kvyat considering their cars and struggles to earn each point!

Mustafur

July 29, 2014 10:26 AM

I've been following Ricciardos Career Since 2008 and didn't expect him to do this well soo fast, I knew he had the ability to be this good but to be there straight away as soon as he got the RBR seat makes me think there more to come!

Wonder if the Vettel to Mercedes Rumors as true, if so then it would likely be a Swap with Hamilton which would be an interesting battle.

dmelb

July 29, 2014 11:17 AM

When you are humble & respectful to your peers, they show you the same courtesy. On DR's non racing performances, I think he's been terrific off the track. The only harsh criticism I read from him was about himself where he acknowledged his starts off the line needed work, otherwise no bitching or moaning about his team or peers. I think even Seb is finding it hard to dislike him, as much as he hates being beaten by his young team mate.

I personally think people are overly critical of Seb, I'm an Aussie and I certainly don't dislike him. He's humble & sporting towards D for sure.

107SS2009

July 29, 2014 11:20 AM

Mustafur, SV to Mercedes is more of a possibility than Lulu to RBR, more so when one considers that Lulu is already trying to up his salary to EURO 90M for a three year contract and that goes with the a bagful of the most problematic / troublesome driver on the grid.

truthseeker

July 29, 2014 11:31 AM

Given that SV was driving a car my Grandmother could have won GP's in over the last 4 years, it goes to show what he is really like when he is up against a great driver like DR.
Sadly it also shows had average MW really was, which explains why SV wanted him to stay for so long..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »