F1 » Wolff: Mercedes ‘comfortable’ with Hamilton’s stance

Toto Wolff says Mercedes is “comfortable” with Lewis Hamilton's decision to not allow Nico Rosberg to pass in the Hungarian Grand Prix

Polyccio

July 30, 2014 5:42 PM

. We put Nico onto an aggressive three-stopper and Lewis onto a two-stop, with a long final stint on the prime tyre.

Why?

Hamilton had a garage full of tyres just sitting there. If anyone should have been on a three stopper, it should have been him. He had tyres to burn. (so to speak)

LoveF1

August 02, 2014 12:15 PM

One more quick (and very obvious) thing......

F1 may be a sport, but once you introduce the sheer amount of money that is involved in the sport, then you cannot run away from situations where team principals may feel the need to hand out team orders. Malaysia 2013 is a classic example of a team in need of constructors points, hence FIA $$$

It is not that Ross Brawn hates competitive racing. Saying he was wrong to give the order, so that fans could see the true result of the racing does not full take account of all that goes into delivering the content/package in its current form to all fans. It is an idealistic and romantisized view of a sport that has already become a massive global financial operation :-)

That is the sad reality of such an expensive sport, I guess. Some of us assume other fans know this.....which is what makes some of their arguments appear so.....flawed.

Things that make you go............hmmmm :-)

LoveF1

August 02, 2014 7:01 PM

lol at here4thesun2,

And this is the thing. Some of us are not silly enough to fall for it. Or better still, we are able to "read between the lines" of the spoken/written word.

OOOPS! I write that with the expectation of being accused of reading into Lewis' statements, something that is simply not there. And that it's aallll in my own imagination! :-)

LoveF1

August 03, 2014 7:20 AM

I agree with 107 about Horner. He is the last person anyone should be taking advice from about team orders! He has a habit of mouthing off about other teams but keeping quiet about his own. He did the same thing after Hockenheim 2010. As much as I like Vettel as a professional, I thought it was unforgivable the way he embarrassed his team in front of the world that day, world champ or not! And Horner was a complete pussycat...all coy and shy in the face of Vettel's arrogance. And before anybody comes after me, of course he is entitled to an opinion in this case, like anybody else. But he did not look very good in that Multi21 incident.

Can you imagine Fernando working completely out-of-sync with his engineer the way Seb did that day?? Every time I hear those two communicate on the radio, it is nothing but total mutual respect, even though I do not understand all the words they are speaking in Italian or Spanish. It always sounds respectful, matter-of-fact and straight to the point.

Salan

July 30, 2014 4:49 PM

Nick101: We'll see if we get the same reaction if Rosberg defies team orders issued at Hamilton's benefit - YET AGAIN!

Unlike Rosberg, Hamilton wouldn't require Nico to move over he would take him on the track being the racer he is.

TenaciousC

July 30, 2014 4:28 PM

Nick101: Tell me fangirls, if Hamilton does happen to win the title, how's it going to feel that he needed one of the most dominant cars in F1 history to do it?

Especially after all the years of flak you've sent Button's way for winning in the Brawn. A car, need I remind you, that was only dominant for 6-7 races and only ever had a MAXIMUM of 0.6 seconds advantage over it's competitors and ONLY for 1 race. The other races where it enjoyed an advantage it was only 1 or 2 tenths.

Never mind the Championship, Hamilton needed one of the most dominant cars in F1 history with a 2-3 second per lap advantage just to finish higher than 4th in the championship!

Truly the best ever!

LOL

Wow! You really have got a problem havn't you!

Seems like you have forgotten 2008?

Let it go, get a grip, get a life!

TenaciousC

July 30, 2014 11:27 PM

107SS2009: Yes my comments on Lulu are stupid, but yours are for sure wise and brimming with freshly popped-up mushrooms replacing IQ'S.

My comments are brimming with freshly popped up mushrooms replacing IQs.... That doesn't even make sense! Drop the IQ nonsense!

At least you can admit your comments are stupid. Fair cop for that.

For the record I'm no fan of Lewis, but neither do I have a personal vendetta against him. The hatred towards him by a handful of people on here beggars belief!

TenaciousC

July 30, 2014 11:32 PM

@ ghogmk2:

Study away, by the sounds of things your IQ may rise. I wouldn't count on it mind.

How are my quotes biased? I don't like Lewis.

And why are they annoying? Because my opinion differs from yours?! Or because they are logical and difficult to argue against?

TenaciousC

July 30, 2014 10:09 PM

107SS2009: Only a fool and of course these end of July newly popped-up mushroom on here (new user names) will fall for these sweeteners dished out to the press, they start jumping up and down with joy and dully forget the “Lulu cost NR a win” which he meant a win for the team. Because of their extremely low IQ count they are unable to comprehend that every team on the grid will have the same agreement between team and drivers called a “protocol” to let team mate by if you are two stopping and he is three stopping, this is something agreed upon and done all the time and so expected by team and driver, lulu known all this, he known that he was part of it, still he decided to disobey his team and hi-jack NR'S strategy, he is not only a liar, he is also dishonest, and those that are blindly supporting him have such a low IQ count that they all can be entitled for the EEE ORR knighthood.

Oh do get over yourself!

You don't like Lewis. You also don't like people t

107SS2009

August 03, 2014 4:32 AM

mick, as I always say agreeing or not and also about what (your opinion) is a right of yours, what I said was what I known at that time.
Anyhow, what is sure is that on that day two totally opposed trade marks were registered in F1 matters, one was the no-nonsense solid authority of Brawn and the other the hopeless and complete loss of authority of Horner.
I wonder how many of these new to on here Lulu's popping-up mushrooms were screaming blue murder about Vettel disobeying his team order at that time.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »