F1 » Former champs back Mosley's claim.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Paul - Unregistered

December 29, 2007 4:27 PM

So the experts have declared 2007 a sucess. I guess what us lowly fans think does not much matter. I sure am glad that I have been straightened out on this issue.

Alan - Unregistered

December 29, 2007 7:17 PM

I am a fan and i understand what Andretti and Lauda are saying.

An officemate of mine who was never into any motorsport was all of a sudden interested in the sport this year. All because of that spying saga. By the time the Brazilian gp came she was already watching the races and rooting for McLaren(sadly). But atleast that's one story of a non-fan being converted.

Of course the other side of the coin would be fans that aren't interested anymore but i don't know anyone who is not looking forward to the start of the next season of formula 1.

Lee - Unregistered

December 29, 2007 7:20 PM

To diehard fans, it was a bad year because politics once again got in the way of a great year of motorracing. For the british fans, it was a good year because Hamilton was discovered. For the rest, it was a bad year. Too much emphasis on politics

Gil Bouffard

December 29, 2007 8:37 PM

Politics? There have alway been politics involved in Formula One...They seem to have been escalated since the days of Enzo holding his breath until the FIA came around to his way of thinking.

While I wasn't happy with the manufacturers politics, I thought the intra team politics between Fernando and Lewis were riveting! Add Kimi's, "Oh, poor me." whimpering to the mix and it became even more interesting. Egos built up and egos crushed. At least there was no bulking up or performance enhancing drugs or illegal dog fighting involved with Formula One!

Alan - Unregistered

December 30, 2007 1:53 AM

Kimi whimpering? I never came across any news story about such? Didn't see that on tv either.

It's probably another McLaren fan high on something, trying to dazzle us with another concocted trip. Another attempt at forgetting their team's shameful story this year. But hey... if you get your kicks by making stories up then go ahead.. it's a free forum!

Munro Gow - Unregistered

December 30, 2007 7:39 AM

Perfectly said M.Bee, It was interesting to say the least and regardless of all the mud slinging, accusations, b*tching, tantrums, spying and what else it was riveting. It might have turned some people off the sport but others became glued to it all. I know of people who didnt care for F1 and now they love it. I'd rather all the action and attention focused on the track but I cant say i'd be annoyed if there was the same amount of action off it.

F1 Rules! - Unregistered

December 30, 2007 1:06 PM

As a pure F1 fan, I really hope we have another classic season next year, right from race one! I hope Heiki really steps up his game and mixes it with LH. I hope Kimi does not have such a slow start as last year and Massa has a bit more luck this year. It's also time for Webber and Coulthard to raise their game or give way to more talented drivers to get the best out of Adrian Newey's car. Then there are the BMWs...will they move forward and challenge the big two? It's sometimes in the mindset and getting the most out of the package...something Schumi perfected.

I also hope for an improvement in the quality of some of the posting on this forum, i.e. less name-calling and insults. I hope!

1 2 3 4 5  »