F1 » Danica 'dead set' on move to F1.

TeMerc - Unregistered

April 28, 2008 4:30 PM

While Danica is a very attracitve woman and her driving skills are fair to middling, I don''t thnk ''big boobs'' would be her problem getting into F-1. I can only surmise that Jensen has never seen Danica

dhruv - Unregistered

April 28, 2008 5:40 PM

i like danica a lot but i dont think she can be gud for f1........she mite need to do gp2 but even then i dont think she can be btr than yamamoto

Ghost2912 _

April 28, 2008 7:46 PM

Well, at least the woman has top-flight aspirations. Good for her.
Having said that, I dont think any graduates from American racing series like Indycar have either the technical knowhow or the skill to make the move to F1.
Look at all the drivers in the past who've done this - Andretti, Villeneuve, JPM, Zanardi, et al. None of these guys set the F1 scene on fire.
Sure, Andretti and Villeneuve won a title each, but only when their cars were the clear class of the field.

NB - Nothing but respect for Zanardi after losing his legs and then racing professionally. The guy even ran a marathon in NY!!

Mark _

April 28, 2008 9:34 PM

Ghost - Zanardi was in F1 before he was in Indycar then he went back again so I don't know if he counts. Villeneuve was very good at setting up a car. I recall that he applied his Indycar set-up knowledge to F1 by making adjustments to one corner of the car rather than simply front or rear as was the custom in F1. So far Bourdais looks a lot stronger than Vettel.

Prior to F1 or Indycar most of these guys have come up through the same series so their background is not that different. Is there even anyone in Indycar these days who came up through sprint cars?

The problem is most the Indycar drivers settled for Indycar after not getting a F1 drive.

THE HAMILTRON - Unregistered

April 28, 2008 10:06 PM

I say what I said about Bourdais: Why the hell not? Just go for it! The minute you start getting complacent you're no longer a racer in my opinion anyway. The trasition looks pretty huge though, so she'd need a LOT of testing to get used to an F1 car. GP2 might even be a good idea but even then she'd have a disadvantage from coming from racing heavy cars on ovals rather than F3's - but the world would still consider anything but wins a disappointment. The easiest thing would be to stay where she's at - which is exactly why I hope she doesn't.

Side note: LOVE Vettels response to the question about fitness! :D

Ghost2912 _

April 28, 2008 11:07 PM

Mark,you said it yourself - most indycar drivers "settled" for Indycar after not getting an F1 drive. If I were to generalize (and I am) I'd say that the American series like Champ and Indyca comprise 2nd-string drivers in 2nd rate cars.
Dont even get me started about NASCAR - watching a bunch of cars go round and round the same oval for dozens of laps is the entertainment equivalent of watching paint dry.

I also disagree with you abt Bourdais v/s Vettel. I think Vettel is a much, much better driver - he's the most horrendous luck this season - he probably hasn't even completed half a race distance in four races.
Having said that, he needs to preclude misfortune by qualifying higher.

1 2 3  »