F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed that the Shanghai International Circuit will retain its race next season and that the event will continue on a 'rolling contract' for the foreseeable future.
There has been speculation that this year's event might be the last in Shanghai, after officials said the city might not take up its option for another five years.
Indeed despite having now hosted a race since 2004, crowd numbers remain relatively low and it is estimated the race has made loses of around $146 million a year ever since then.
Ecclestone told reporters on Friday though that the circus will be back in 2011: "We've talked to them all the time about everything, we're happy with everything, there are no dramas.
"The contract is ongoing here - it will go on as a rolling contract. I'll be here [next year]."
Asked about the empty grandstands, Ecclestone added that the reason it fails to attract the crowds is because it is not adequately publicised.
"It's a shame, the whole venue's good, everything's good, they're [just] not promoting it properly, it's a simple as that," he continued. "These people that run the place should do a bit more, in the centre of Shanghai, you wouldn't even know there's a race here."