Renault F1 will once again support National Motorsport Week this year, by opening its doors to give members of the public an exclusive glimpse behind-the-scenes of its Enstone technical centre from 11 to 13 August.
This unique opportunity is a chance for F1 fans to get up-close-and-personal with the cars and see what life on the grand prix grid is really like. Each day will be packed full of activities, including a tour of some of the team's facilities – and visitors can even test their skills in the pit-stop challenge.
Visitors will have the chance to:
• Tour the Renault
F1 Team's award-winning CAR Centre (Computational Aerodynamics Research Centre), exhibition area and auditorium
• Visit the Heritage & Communication Centre, where historic Renault
cars – including the RE30, RE40, RE50, Benetton F1 B195 and R25 – are on display
• Take part in an interactive pit-stop challenge and steering wheel starting procedure simulation
• Have their photo taken in the 2010 Renault
F1 Team car
• Meet some of the team's experienced mechanics
• Get behind the wheel of the computer simulator and take control of the Renault
• Test their reaction skills on the Renault
F1 Team's BATAK machine
• Inspect some of the team's historic trophies and famous memorabilia
• Visit the Renault
F1 Team's merchandise shop to purchase gifts for friends and family
Tours are available on Wednesday 11 August, Thursday 12 August and Friday 13 August, 2010, beginning at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm. When an online booking is made, organisers will do their best to ensure that the first-choice time slot is granted, however this is subject to change as tours will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ticket Prices are £60 per adult, £10 per child (up to 16-years-old) and £80 per family group (two adults and two children up to 16-years-old), with 70 per cent of each ticket price being donated to the Motorsport Foundation. All tickets purchased will automatically enter a competition to win six team caps signed by Robert Kubica
and Vitaly Petrov.
Spaces are strictly limited, so to book please visit: click here
For more information about National Motorsport Week, please visit: click here