FOTA has announced that its second Fans Forum of 2011 will take place later this month.
The event, 'powered by Santander', will be held at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking on 30 June, beginning at 11.00am. The Forum will be split into three sections, looking at 'the big picture', 'technical inspection' and 'the drivers' [details below].
A number of the sports major names will be in attendance, including F1 2008 world champion, Lewis Hamilton, Sauber ace, Kamui Kobayashi and as well as McLaren boss, Martin Whitmarsh and Mercedes GP team principal, Ross Brawn and Lotus Renault GP technical director, James Allison.
The full statement from FOTA read:
Part 1: The big picture
This segment will focus on The Show, and how to improve it. The racing, the rules, the calendar and the television coverage are some of the topics that will come under the spotlight, and answering your questions will be the following:
- Martin Whitmarsh, FOTA chairman and team principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- Ross Brawn, team principal of the Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team
- Graeme Lowdon, chairman, Marussia Virgin Racing
- Robert Fernley, deputy team principal, Force India F1 Team
"Formula One is nothing without its fans," said Brawn. "We're always looking for ways to improve the sport and this is your opportunity to tell us what you think."
Part 2: Technical inspection
How have the technical changes for 2011 affected the racing, and what else would you like to see introduced? Put your questions to some of F1's brightest brains, as follows:
- Paddy Lowe, technical director, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- James Allison, technical director, Lotus Renault GP
- Paul Monaghan, head of race engineering, Red Bull Racing
Part 3: The drivers
Two F1 drivers will be at the Forum. The floor will be yours to ask them questions, but FOTA will take the opportunity to highlight the initiatives to support Japan. The drivers will be:
- Lewis Hamilton, 2008 World Champion, driver for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- Kamui Kobayashi, driver, Sauber F1 Team
"I started watching F1 as a fan back in the late '80s," said Lewis Hamilton. "Back then I would have loved to meet some of the sport's participants, so I think this is a great initiative by FOTA."
Tickets to all Fans Forums are limited and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. People wanting to attend the event in Woking are asked to email a question to the panel, including their contact details and, if possible, their twitter accounts, to the following email address: email@example.com.
Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email from FOTA. Entry will be strictly by confirmation email only.