F1 »

Barrichello has exit date pencilled in?

Rubens Barrichello: It is a very big internal war; it was going to be four cylinder and now it's V6. We're not exactly sure what will happen. That's for three years from now [though]. At that time, I will not be in F1 but at Disneyland, eating hamburgers and riding the rollercoaster.

Rubens Barrichello has said he can't see himself still being in F1 when the new V6 engine formula is adopted in 2014.

Barrichello is F1's most experienced driver of all-time and made his debut back in 1993 with Jordan. Since then he has gone on to take in over 300 races and while he is keen to stay around in 2012 and 2013 [see separate story - click here], it appears the end could be in sight, albeit only after two more full-seasons.

“It is a very big internal war; it was going to be four cylinder and now it's V6. We're not exactly sure what will happen,” he told Globo Esporte when asked about the new engine formula that will be adopted in 2014. “That's for three years from now [though]. At that time, I will not be in F1 but at Disneyland, eating hamburgers and riding the rollercoaster.”

Asked about 2012, he said again that nothing has been signed with Williams: “In F1 there are always surprises; you can never guarantee that something is fixed,” he continued.

“From what we can see, only the top seats are pretty much decided. For the teams in the middle of the field it depends on other factors and anything can happen,” concluded the veteran.



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
31.07.2011 Rubens Barrichello (BRA), Williams FW33
30.07.2011 Rubens Barrichello (BRA), Williams FW33
31.07.2011 Rubens Barrichello (BRA), Williams FW33
30.07.2011 Rubens Barrichello (BRA), Williams FW33
29.07.2011 Rubens Barrichello (BRA), Williams FW33
28.05.2011- Saturday Practice, Rubens Barrichello (BRA), Williams FW33

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


Clondikemike - Unregistered

August 15, 2011 3:35 PM

With the new engine deal Williams will need a lot of development work. Also will the French engine manufacturer require Williams to have drivers of their choice as part of the deal? Could it even be that Renault will become a partner in Williams, or even take it over altogether. With all this coming up I reckon Williams would be silly to change drivers again unless they replace Ruebens with an existing and experienced race winning driver. Outside of the established top drivers who else fits the bill better than Ruebens. Depends on how hungry Williams are in the short or long term.



© 1999 - 2016 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.