F1 »

Sutil has 'plenty of options' for 2012

Adrian Sutil insists that there are a lot more opportunities for next season than it may appear.
Adrian Sutil has responded enigmatically to questions about his future, but hinting that his options may extend beyond the obvious openings on the entry list issued earlier this week.

Although the German has not yet officially been discarded by the Force India team, the fact that he called on owner Vijay Mallya to bring forward the announcement of the 2012 line-up so that he could make alternative arrangements if necessary was taken as proof that even he felt that Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg were the likely combination. Mallya had said that he would define the line-up between the races in Abu Dhabi and Brazil, but no such announcement has been forthcoming so far.

Assuming that he is the one to be released, Sutil's options are closing fast, with the confirmation of Kimi Raikkonen and Pastor Maldonado, at Lotus Renault and Williams respectively, in the past 48 hours leaving just a handful of viable seats available. He remains many people's favourite to partner the Venezuelan at Williams, but told the official F1 website that things may not always be as they seem.

"Right now, we do have more than one option and we are trying to put the best package together for next year," he said, acknowledging the unfilled seats at Force India, Williams, Renault, Toro Rosso and HRT that appeared on the FIA list, "Hopefully, we will have a decision within the next two weeks.

"As I said, we do have more than one option… I guess we all know that sometimes the first entry list is not the last."

Sutil has done what he can to convince potential employers of his worth as an F1 driver, in particular with a stirring drive to sixth place in the season finale at Interlagos last weekend.

"To be honest, I delivered great performances at my last ten races, but obviously the last three are still more current to the onlooker," he pointed out, "For sure, these results make things easier for me and my manager to sort out the future."

He also revealed that he would object to being partnered with Raikkonen at Renault, even though there are a handful of drivers vying for the seat already.

"I always said I'm happy to have the best team mate I can get, as this is the only chance to show how good you are - and Kimi would be a great and very strong team mate," he claimed, admitting that the Finn's deal had come as no surprise, "It doesn't look too bad for 2012 - let's see what will happen."



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
25.11.2011- Friday Practice 2, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
25.11.2011- Friday Practice 2, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
26.11.2011- Saturday Practice, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
27.11.2011- Race, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
26.03.2017 - Race, Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
26.03.2017 - Race, Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA) Sauber C36 and Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
26.03.2017 - Race, Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
26.03.2017 - Race, Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA) Sauber C36 and Lance Stroll (CDN) Williams FW40
26.03.2017 - Race, Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
26.03.2017 - Race, Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
26.03.2017 - Race, Alain Prost (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Team Special Advisor
26.03.2017 - Race, Felipe Massa (BRA) Williams FW40
26.03.2017 - Race, Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
26.03.2017 - Race, Max Verstappen (NED) Red Bull Racing RB13 and Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Renault Sport F1 Team RS17
26.03.2017 - Race, Fernando Alonso (ESP) McLaren MCL32 and Esteban Ocon (FRA) Sahara Force India F1 VJM10
26.03.2017 - Race, Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM010 and Carlos Sainz Jr (ESP) Scuderia Toro Rosso STR12
26.03.2017 - Race, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Renault Sport F1 Team RS17
26.03.2017 - Race, Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


blzbub

December 02, 2011 4:23 PM

Apparently, his backers, Median, have recently been bought out by a company that has recently ended a sponsorship deal with Williams, Renault appear unlikely due to events in China last year, perhaps a third driver role at Mercedes could place him somewhere at the end of next year when plenty driver contracts are up!



© 1999 - 2017 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.