F1 »

Sutil found guilty

Adrian Sutil handed an 18-month suspended sentence and fined 200,000 Euros after a Munich court finds in favour of Renault's Eric Lux.

Adrian Sutil has been convicted of causing grievous bodily harm after an incident involving Renault's Eric Lux in a Shanghai night club last year.

The verdict was reached by a Munich court on Tuesday, with the former Force India man being given an 18-month suspended sentence. He was also fined 200,000 Euros (around £167,000).

Lux was left nursing a neck wound after the altercation and needed 24 stitches.

Sutil, who had already apologised, reiterated on Monday that he never meant to inflict any injury and that he was sorry [see separate story - click here].

However, the prosecution was not impressed: "Pushing someone away with a glass is adventurous and not in line with our experience of life," prosecutor Nicole Selzam told the court according to Reuters. "Professional athletes play a role model function in public life and such incidents should not occur."

The fine will be paid to charities.

Sutil meanwhile has yet to confirm his plans for 2012 and with all the seats filled up - except one at HRT - a reserve/test role looks to be his only realistic option if he wants to stay in F1.



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
12.11.2011- Saturday Practice, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
27.11.2011- Race, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
09.06.2011- Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
21.07.2011- Press conference, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
09.09.2011- Friday Practice 1, Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


AJ - Unregistered

January 31, 2012 6:18 PM

How could and why would Lewis defend this act of violence get real Lewis knockers he did the best thing and stayed away. Nothing could be said or done to defend this thug even his own team deserted him , Sutil should have been locked up for what he did 24 stiches to the neck he should have been charged with attempted murder. F1 is a better place without him good riddance, I doubt he will get a drive anywhere after this, and as has been alluded to already he will not get entry to most country's outside Europe let alone race in them.

Gulch - Unregistered

January 31, 2012 4:41 PM

Sutil found guilty in GBH trial If this result means Sutil now has a criminal record for violence will he be able to travel to Australia, USA, China, Canada, Japan, Brazil, Malaysia who all have visa restrictions on criminal records



© 1999 - 2016 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.