F1 »

Sutil: I'll be back soon - I hope

Adrian Sutil says he is hopeful of being back in F1 sooner rather than later
Adrian Sutil says he is hopeful of making a return to F1 sooner rather than later after finding himself without a drive for 2012.

The German was left without a drive with Force India after being replaced by test driver Nico Hulkenberg, with a link to Williams ultimately coming to nothing when they elected to sign Bruno Senna as partner to Pastor Maldonado.

Sutil now finds himself seeking other opportunities within F1, while also launching an appeal against his conviction for grievous bodily harm, and the 29-year-old said he was motivated to find himself a new role.

"The plan, very clearly, is Formula One," he was quoted by SpeedTV.com. "This is a new situation for me, but I'm motivated. Maybe I am having to have a short break, but it could be over very quickly if any opportunities open up.

"I'm hopeful. It's always difficult to make plans in this business, but I would like to come back in 2013 with a very good team.

"It's a shame for me that I will probably not be there at the start in Melbourne, but hopefully one way or another I will be back in the course of the year."



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
13.10.2011- Adrian Sutil (GER), Force India F1 Team, VJM04
27.11.2016 - Race, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race, Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race, Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race, Start of the race, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09 leads Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race,  Sahara Force India mechanics
27.11.2016 - Race,  Sahara Force India mechanics
27.11.2016 - Race, Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09 and Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Race, Start of the race, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09 and Max Verstappen (NED) Red Bull Racing RB12
27.11.2016 - Jenson Button (GBR)  McLaren Honda MP4-31, Carlos Sainz Jr (ESP) Scuderia Toro Rosso STR11 and Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
27.11.2016 - Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09 and Felipe Massa (BRA) Williams FW38
27.11.2016 - Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09 and Felipe Massa (BRA) Williams FW38
27.11.2016 - Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09 fans
27.11.2016 - Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09
26.11.2016 - Qualifying, Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Sahara Force India F1 VJM09

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


Uday K Motwani - Unregistered

February 29, 2012 3:42 AM

If people think he didn't shine then see last year's results! After the 4 top teams, he was the next best driver! Last year, even though Force India progressed, they weren't still good enough to beat Mercedes or Ferrari! It's a real shame that such a thing happened as I can't remember when it happened last time that a driver who so convincingly finished in the Top 9, doesn't have a drive for this year! I an understand it's also because of the court trial but if anyone thinks he is not skilled then their vision is a little blur according to me!

LJ - Unregistered

February 28, 2012 5:23 PM

Regardless of the bar incident, I'm not a big fan of this guy, he had plenty of opportunity at Force India to shine and he did an average job, thats why he was replaced. I often wonder what Formula 1 would be like if there were more real attacking drivers like Kobayashi and some nutty but brilliant ones like Montoya etc in the sport. So often we get these vanilla drivers with sponsorship just hogging a seat when more talented drivers are out there who could do a much better job.



© 1999 - 2016 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.