F1 »

Vettel plays down Ferrari reports

Sebastian Vettel downplays reports suggesting he could be on his way to Ferrari
Sebastian Vettel has moved to deny reports suggesting he had signed a pre-contract agreement to join Ferrari for the 2014 F1 season.

Both the Independent on Sunday and the Sunday Times carried reports over the weekend suggesting that the two-time champion had agreed an option with the team that was subject to it showing competitive form through the remainder of the current season [See separate story HERE].

Although Vettel has previously expressed a desire to drive for Ferrari at some point in his career, the reports came as something of a surprise although the German has moved to quell the speculation by insisting no deal has been agreed.

“Maybe they just needed to fill up some space in their newspapers,” he told Kleine Zietung. “I have signed nothing.”

Vettel slipped three points behind Ferrari's Fernando Alonso in the title race with fourth place in the Monaco Grand Prix.



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
27.05.2012- Race, Sebastian Vettel (GER) Red Bull Racing RB8
27.05.2012- Race, Sebastian Vettel (GER) Red Bull Racing RB8 leads Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Lotus F1 Team E20
27.05.2012- Race, Sebastian Vettel (GER) Red Bull Racing RB8
Esteban Gutierrez joins Ferrari as test and reserve driver
McLaren confirms Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button
Fernando Alonso and Ron Dennis at McLaren
McLaren confirms Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button
McLaren confirms Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button
Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button alongside Kevin Magnussen. Pic credit: McLaren
McLaren confirms Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


Googolplex

May 30, 2012 1:27 AM

Even if Seb has some confidential understanding with Ferrari, the last thing he is going to do is admit it and potentially lose the present No 1 priority status he enjoys at RBR. He had to denounce this report (true or not).



© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.