After a few weeks of maintaining a low media profile, Caterham Racing have broken radio silence to comment about the future of their lead driver Heikki Kovalainen.
"I want to address the noise that has arisen around Heikki," said team principal Tony Fernandes on Saturday. "It is quite possible that what has been going on over the last couple of days has not helped him on track.
"But I am pleased to say that discussions are going very well and we are aiming to make positive statements about that in the next few weeks," he said.
Kovalainen had indeed been looking to have been struggling uncharacteristically in Singapore, only narrowly qualifying ahead of the two Marussia cars on Saturday and ending up behind his team mate Vitaly Petrov on the grid.
"Honestly it's been a tough weekend for me so far and today's performance wasn't really any better," he admitted. "I've been struggling to find a decent balance in every session and that definitely affected me today."
Saturday's press statement from the team was the first from Caterham in several weeks, with their media blackout raising speculation about what was happening with the organisation.
"Over the last couple of races we deliberately stopped sending out press releases because, truthfully, we did not believe our performance was giving us anything worth reporting," admitted Fernandes.
"However, today's qualifying performance has begun to give me confidence that we are back on the path to the promised land of the midfield," he continued.
Fernandes went on to suggest that the team had got distracted from its targets and gone the wrong way with development focus over the summer.