F1 »

Kubica: No plans at the moment

Robert Kubica says he has no plans for the future as recovery from injury continues
Robert Kubica says he has no plans for the future as he looks to continue his recovery from the injuries he sustained in a rallying accident early last year.

The Pole was left with multiple injuries in the accident, which occurred when he collided with a crash barrier – which then entered into the cabin of the Skoda Fabia S2000 he was driving.

While he has yet to return to single-seater action as a result of the injuries he sustained, the former BMW Sauber and Renault driver has been able to compete in a series of rallies and he admitted he was still taking his recovery one step at a time.

“For the, let's say future, I don't have any plans up until now,” he told Reuters. “In the end, I am still at the stage of rehabilitation but for sure I would love to compete in a high level championship, or in a rally or on a circuit.

"Until now I did some rallies, I did some testing on the race track and I hope my hand will improve and my general condition will improve."

Kubica did however admit that there was no immediate prospect of a return to F1 given the time he has now been away from the paddock.

"It is has been a long time unfortunately (since) I stopped with Formula One, so my contacts are very limited,” he said. “In all these months I have been concentrating on coming back and getting my health and body back to the best condition.”



Tagged as: Robert Kubica , Renault , BMW

Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
Robert Kubica (POL), Lotus Renault GP
18.04.2014- Friday Press Conference, To: Pat Fry (GBR), Technical Director (Chassis), Scuderia Ferrari, Charlie Whiting (GBR), Race director and safety delegate, Yasuhisa Arai (JPN) Honda, Andrew Cowell (GBR) Mercedes , Rob White (GBR) Renault Sport
18.04.2014- Friday Press Conference, Rob White (GBR) Renault Sport
18.04.2014- Friday Press Conference, To: Pat Fry (GBR), Technical Director (Chassis), Scuderia Ferrari, Charlie Whiting (GBR), Race director and safety delegate, Yasuhisa Arai (JPN) Honda, Andrew Cowell (GBR) Mercedes , Rob White (GBR) Renault Sport
06.04.2014- Race, Dr. Ian Roberts (GBR) is cheking Esteban Gutierrez (MEX) Sauber F1 Team C33 after his crash
04.04.2014-  Friday Press Conference,  Robert Fernley (GBR) Sahara Force India F1 Team Deputy
04.04.2014- Friday Press Conference, Top do Bottom Left to right: Luigi Faraboni (ITA) Ferrari, Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations,  Robert Fernley (GBR) Sahara Force India F1 Team Deputy, Pat Symonds (GBR) Williams Chief Technical Officer , Adrian Newey (GBR), Red Bull Racing , Technical Operations Director and Paddy Lowe (GBR) Mercedes AMG F1 Executive Director
04.04.2014- Friday Press Conference, Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations
04.04.2014-  Friday Press Conference,  Robert Fernley (GBR) Sahara Force India F1 Team Deputy
04.04.2014- Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations
28.03.2014- Free Practice 2, Renault engine of Lotus
Jarno Trulli tests the Formula E Spark-Renault [pic credit: Formula E]
Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations 
27.02.2014. Formula One Testing, Bahrain Test Two, Day One, Sakhir, Bahrain.
Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations 
27.02.2014. Formula One Testing, Bahrain Test Two, Day One, Sakhir, Bahrain.
Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations 
27.02.2014. Formula One Testing, Bahrain Test Two, Day One, Sakhir, Bahrain.
Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations 
27.02.2014. Formula One Testing, Bahrain Test Two, Day One, Sakhir, Bahrain.
Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations 
27.02.2014. Formula One Testing, Bahrain Test Two, Day One, Sakhir, Bahrain.
Remi Taffin (FRA) Renault Sport F1 Head of track operations 
27.02.2014. Formula One Testing, Bahrain Test Two, Day One, Sakhir, Bahrain.

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


Mark _

November 17, 2012 2:36 AM

Putting him back in an F1 car is such an unknown that I don't see any team taking that chance unless he can find an angel to provide the financing for it. Based on the interview he sure doesn't sound ready to come back. Hopefully his recovery continues and he can get back to a normal life.

cobalt - Unregistered

November 16, 2012 4:49 PM

Without any plans Robert is leading Rally Aci Como by 30s after 6 stages. He is driving citroen C4 WRC for the first time. Not bad. I wish (any teams) F1 car could be adapted so RK would join in soon.



© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.