With qualifying at an end, the fight for the 2012 F1 title will now come down to the final race of the season in Brazil, with Sebastian Vettel
starting four places ahead of title rival Fernando Alonso.
Vettel holds a 13 point lead going into the race and is favourite to win the crown for a third season in a row, although the potential for a wet race means anything could still happen.
But what do the two need to do in order to win the championship?Sebastian Vettel will be champion if:
• He finishes inside the top four (min 285 points), regardless of where Alonso finishes (max 285 points) Vettel would be champion based on race victories
• Alonso fails to finish on the podium (max 272 points), regardless of where Vettel finishes (min 273 points)Fernando Alonso will be champion if:
• He wins the race (285 points) and Vettel finishes no higher than fifth (max 283 points)
• He finishes second (278 points) and Vettel finishes no higher than eighth (max 277 points)
• He finishes third (275 points) and Vettel finishes no higher than tenth (max 274 points)