Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley insists there is still no rush to name the team's second driver for the 2013 F1 season.
The Silverstone-based outfit is the only team on the grid still to name both of its drivers for the year ahead, with Paul di Resta the only driver confirmed for the new campaign.
Adrian Sutil and Jules Bianchi are in the frame to partner the Briton and both are spending time testing in Barcelona this week as they battle to try and secure the vacant drive.
However, Fernley said that the team wasn't rushing its decision and that it would be down to the Force India management team to make the final call.
"The one thing I can definitely guarantee you is that we'll have two drivers by Melbourne!" he told Sky Sports News
. "It would be good [to know next week], but we're giving everyone the amount of mileage they need. We'll try and get all the information we've been collecting over to the shareholders this weekend and then it's their decision.
"We want to make sure that it's an even playing field for everybody and that, more importantly, they [Sutil and Bianchi] have got the opportunity to get used to the car. Obviously one of them will come through and we don't want to disadvantage them in any way."
Sutil is on track at Catalunya today [Thursday] while Bianchi will take over the VJM06 on Friday having also run at Jerez last week.