Circuit designer Hermann Tilke has said he has no doubt the Sochi International Street Circuit will be ready to host the inaugural Russian Grand Prix next year.

Organisers confirmed the event will take place on October 19 at the end of last month, but since then the Russian Automobile Federation has missed a deadline imposed by the FIA, the sport's governing body, to make an official application to join the F1 calendar in 2014. Reports suggest a dispute between them and the promoters, JSC Omega is to blame.

Despite that though, Tilke remains confident the event will happen: "I'm 100 percent sure that the track will be ready [and the race will be held on October 19, 2014]. Everything in my area of responsibility will be fulfilled," he said in an interview with championat.com. "The track will be constructed on time. Everything will be okay."

Related Articles

Asked about the row between the promoters and the Russian Automobile Federation, Tilke added: "I do not know much about this. We are engaged in the construction of the track. I am not familiar with the situation in detail."

As for talk he had concerns about the build quality in Sochi, Tilke said that is no longer an issue: "It was a long time ago [I had some worries]. There were problems, but now they are solved, [it is] all right."

Meanwhile, earlier this week, thepromoters said the dispute with the Russian Automobile Federation had been resolved, although the latter has yet to make any official statement to collaborate that fact.

"We just couldn't miss the chance to reach an agreement," JSC Omega general manager, Oleg Zabara told Sport Express daily. "We are really interested in a good partnership with the Russian Automobile Federation.

"We're set to sign an official contract with the Russian Automobile Federation this week before sending an application to stage the 2014 race to the F1's ruling body, the FIA. We've already reached the agreement, which we now need to formalise."