Max Chllton says he is keen to follow the lead of team-mate Jules Bianchi and re-sign with the Marussia team for 2014, although the Briton insists he is in 'no rush' to finalise a deal.

Bianchi confirmed on Thursday in Korea that he would stay with the team for a second season having impressed during his first year on the grid.

Team boss John Booth had previously said the team was keen to try and field an unchanged line-up and Chilton insisted that, while a deal hasn't yet been done, he was still working towards re-signing himself.

Related Articles

"I'm still working with the team, and the team are obviously keen to sign both of us," the Briton told PA Sport. "It's just we're not at the same stage as Jules. I wouldn't say we're late, it's just we're working on things and they're progressing nicely.

"Although it's taking us longer, we're not in any mad rush. We've still six races to go, plenty of time, but I am keen to get it done pretty soon.

"I know the team want me, and when the team want you it's good to get the deal done. For now I'm focusing on my driving. Things have started to improve the last couple of races, and hopefully I can maintain that to the end of the year."

Chilton added that he was working with his investors to conclude the deals needed to confirm his future, with a number of smaller backers to reach agreement with before his position with the team can be confirmed.

"You have to get the sponsors and investors, like any other driver," he said. "But you need everything in place before you get anything done, and it's one of the things I'm working on.

"You never know what can happen in Formula One, but the option is there, it's just whether I can get everything together. It's not as simple as it sometimes looks, but I believe I've proven I deserve a chance, it's just trying to get the deal done."