A statement from Michael Schumacher's management says that he "is still in the wake up phase".

There had been no official update on Schumacher's condition for over three weeks, with the seven time world champion having been in a medically-induced coma since hitting his head on a rock in a skiing accident late in December.

Doctors confirmed on January 30 that they were reducing Schumacher's sedation in an attempt to wake him, a process which they warned could take a long time, and a statement on Friday confirmed that his condition has not changed.

"Michael is still in the wake up phase," the statement from Sabine Kehm read. "The situation has not changed. Any medical information published which is not confirmed by the team of doctors treating Michael or his management has to be considered as not valid."

During the second Bahrain test, Felipe Massa said he was "positive" about Schumacher's recovery following a visit to see him early in February.