F1 »

Perez wary over committing F1 future

Sergio Perez is wary of saying he will stay with Force India in 2015 following his experience with McLaren last year
Sergio Perez is wary of saying he will stay with Force India in 2015 following his experience with McLaren last year.

Team principal Vijay Mallya has stated that he is keen to retain the current driver line-up of Perez and Hulkenberg, with it understood that Force India has options on both drivers. While Perez says he is looking to stay with the team, he also said he would not be making any assumptions until he has signed a contract for next season having been dropped late in 2013 by McLaren.

“Nothing confirmed yet,” Perez said. “We should be sorted for next year in the next couple of weeks. Let's see. I think on my side it's a bit early to confirm anything but I expect things are going to move on very quickly.

“You've seen in the past that anything can happen. I don't want to confirm anything before we sign, so let's see.”

Asked if it was his experience with McLaren which has made him wary, Perez replied: “Exactly.

“Everything was pretty much done and then it changed pretty quickly. And nothing is confirmed yet.”



Related Pictures

Click on relevant pic to enlarge
22.08.2014- Free Practice 2, Sergio Perez (MEX) Sahara Force India F1 VJM07
Esteban Gutierrez joins Ferrari as test and reserve driver
F1 veteran David Coulthard wins Race of Champions
McLaren confirms Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button
Fernando Alonso and Ron Dennis at McLaren
McLaren confirms Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button
McLaren confirms Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button
Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button alongside Kevin Magnussen. Pic credit: McLaren
Christian Fittipaldi in the Minardi M192, 1992
David Brabham in the Simtek in 1994
Michael Andretti drives the MP4/8 in the 1993 San Marino Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton crowned F1 world champion at FIA Prize-Giving Gala in Qatar [Pic credit: FIA / Jean Marie Hervio / DPPI]
Lewis Hamilton crowned F1 world champion at FIA Prize-Giving Gala in Qatar [Pic credit: FIA / Jean Marie Hervio / DPPI]
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing
Sebastian Vettel says goodbye to Red Bull. Pic credit: Red Bull Racing

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.


sprulz

August 30, 2014 2:47 AM

To be honest, I'm surprised they're even discussing this. There's nowhere else Perez can go and clearly Mallya wants him on the team. I'd be more concerned in bringing much needed updates to their car, as they're back where they were last year. Wallowing around in 6th place after all that hard work at the beginning of the season? It would really be a shame to see that.



© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.