Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez admit both their futures are uncertain after Marcus Ericsson was announced as a Sauber driver in 2015.

Ericsson's announcement came on Saturday afternoon after Caterham went in to administration, leaving just one seat available at Sauber next season. Sutil has a contract but admits there is uncertainty over his future with Gutierrez and Giedo van der Garde also in the frame for the drive.

Asked if the Ericsson move changes his plans, Sutil replied: "No, for me it doesn't make any changes."

Related Articles

However, when it was put to him the number of drivers vying for his seat, Sutil said: "This I think is the problem of the team.

"I have no real idea and I can't really comment about that. Miss Kaltenborn has to comment about that what she is planning and her intention.

"I would say surely I cannot comment about anything about contracts or something like that."

Gutierrez said he had been expecting Ericsson to join but insists it doesn't automatically mean he will leave Sauber.

"I was kind of aware of that happening so it didn't really come as a surprise to me," Gutierrez said. "At the moment it is not really the point to focus on, but there are some things going on behind and we are just focusing on having everything set for next season in the proper way.

"Obviously here is a priority, there are also some alternatives; we are working on those."

And on Sutil having a contract in place, Gutierrez replied: "That's what I heard as well but I don't know what the terms are."