Click here for full times from the morning of day two in Abu Dhabi

Pascal Wehrlein set the fastest time of the final morning of testing in Abu Dhabi as McLaren again failed to run.

Making his 2014 Mercedes debut, Wehrlein - who drove a 2012 car in Portugal in September - set a best time of 1:44.557. Wehrlein was named Mercedes reserve driver two months ago after taking his first win in DTM at the age of 19, and led Max Verstappen's Toro Rosso by over 0.6s. It was a much more productive morning for Verstappen as he completed 63 laps, having barely run on Tuesday morning due to a front suspension issue causing him to hit the barrier.

Related Articles

Another debutant in a current F1 car was Ferrari's Raffaele Marciello, who set the third fastest time, 0.8s slower than the Mercedes. A member of the Ferrari Driver Academy, Marciello was the first Italian to drive for the Scuderia in an official test session since Davide Rigon's appearance at the Silverstone Young Driver Test over a year ago.

However, one of Marciello's GP2 rivals - Stoffel Vandoorne - had another frustrating morning as the McLaren-Honda failed to leave the garage for the second day in a row. Racing director Eric Boullier admitted a problem had been discovered 15 minutes before the start of running but said it was an electrical issue which is "completely unknown" to the team.

Daniel Ricciardo was one of three 2015 race drivers taking part on Wednesday and was fourth fastest in the Red Bull with a time of 1:45.666. That left him just ahead of another race driver, with Felipe Nasr making his last appearance for Williams before switching to Sauber next season. Nasr was just over a quarter of a second slower than the Red Bull after a slow start, completing 21 laps.

Lotus is the only team splitting its running between two drivers on Wednesday, with Esteban Ocon running in the morning session and completing 34 laps with a best time of 1:47.013. Ocon will hand over to GP3 champion Alex Lynn for the afternoon.

Marcus Ericsson, Will Stevens and Spike Goddard - making his F1 debut for Force India - completed the standings after the first four hours of running, with only one short red flag interrupting proceedings and no cars stopping on track.