Kevin Magnussen says he has put the disappointment of losing his McLaren F1 race seat behind him and is ready to fight back in 2015.

Magnussen will act as McLaren's test and reserve driver for the upcoming F1 season and has said he is fully-concentrating on helping McLaren and hopes to impress the team to win back his race seat.

"Although, I was disappointed to not be selected for a McLaren-Honda race seat for 2015, I've put it behind me and I'm now fully focused on the year ahead," Magnussen said. "My aim is to return to a Formula 1 race seat as soon as possible, so I'll be giving it 100 per cent both on track and off it. I want to build on my last year's experience, to show what I know I'm capable of and to reward the McLaren-Honda team's faith in me by keeping me on board."

The Danish driver also said he hopes to play a vital part in the development of McLaren's all-new MP4-30, which has just been unveiled.

Related Articles

"My new role as McLaren-Honda's test and reserve driver is a really important responsibility, and I'm determined to prove my abilities and show what I can do not only on track, but also behind the scenes in the simulator, analysing the data and giving valuable feedback to the engineers."

"Our fight back to the front of the grid is our main focus, so it's going to be down to me to work really hard to develop the MP4-30 and make a real difference to its performance in Fernando Alonso's and Jenson Button's hands."

Alonso will debut the new car on the opening day of the first official F1 test which begins on Sunday in Jerez.