Felipe Nasr says he is ready for the challenge of racing for Sauber in the new F1 season, after the team's all-new C34 car was launched.

The Brazilian will make his debut in F1 this year with the Swiss team following a handful of free practice runs with Williams during the 2014 season, which he dovetailed with a GP2 campaign.

"In my rookie season there is a lot to learn, and especially as I have not yet driven on some circuits yet," said Nasr, who brings notable backing from Banco do Brasil. "I am ready to take on this challenge."

Related Articles

Sauber is hoping to put a difficult year behind them after the team failed to score a single championship point all season, finishing tenth in the teams' standings.

Nasr steps up from GP2, but it is experience with Williams that he believes will spur him on in 2015.

"In my role as test and reserve driver for Williams last year, I was involved in every race weekend," he added. "Furthermore, I also had the chance to drive the car a few times, so I think I have a certain understanding of Formula One.

"Now I am taking the next step in being a race driver, and I am looking forward to bringing my experience from 2014 as well as to supporting the Sauber F1 Team in getting back into the points."

Nasr will be joined by Marcus Ericsson at Sauber, who moves from the financially-troubled Caterham team, while Ferrari young driver Raffaelle Marciello joins as Sauber's new test and reserve driver.

The C34 will get its debut run out at the first official F1 test in Jerez, which begins this Sunday, with Ericsson at the wheel for the first and fourth days and Nasr in the car on the second and third days.