The FIA has announced that 25 cars have been entered into the 2009 FIA GT Championship season.
The field will be made up of 13 cars in GT1, eleven cars in GT2 and one lone G2 machine for the season ahead, with the majority of entries still be confirmed by the FIA.
Vitaphone Racing returns to defend its title with a pair of Maserati MC12s, but will face competition from now fewer than four Corvettes and four Saleens – albeit with some on a race-by-race basis.
The new season will also see the debut of the 2010 GT1-spec Ford GT, with two cars entered and the Nissan GT-R, which will take part in four races.
GT2 is once again a Ferrari versus Porsche battlem with AF Corse, CRS Racing, BMS Scuderia Italia and Pecom Racing representing the Pracing Horse and Trackspeed, Prospeed and Brixia Racing to fly the flag for Porsche. A lone Porsche 996 GT2-R will run in the G2 class subject to acceptance by the GT Bureau.
1. Vitaphone Racing Team Maserati MC12 GT1
2. Vitaphone Racing Team Maserati MC12 GT1
3. SRT Corvette C6.R GT1
4. PK Carsport Corvette C6.R GT1
9. DKR Engineering Corvette C6.R GT1
11. Full Speed Racing Saleen S7R GT1
13. Full Speed Racing Saleen S7R GT1
14. K plus K Motorsport Saleen S7R GT1
18. K plus K Motorsport Saleen S7R GT1
19. Luc Alphand Aventures Corvette C6.R GT1
35. Nissan Motorsports Nissan GT-R GT1
* # R
40. Marc VDS Racing Team Ford GT GT1
44. Matech Racing Ford GT GT1
50. AF Corse Ferrari 430 GT2
51. AF Corse Ferrari 430 GT2
55. CRS Racing Ferrari 430 GT2
56. CRS Racing Ferrari 430 GT2
59. Trackspeed Porsche 997 RSR GT2
60. Prospeed Competition Porsche 997 RSR GT2
61. Prospeed Competition Porsche 997 RSR GT2
77. BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari 430 GT2
78. BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari 430 GT2
95. Pecom Racing Ferrari 430 GT2
97. Brixia Racing Porsche 997 RSR GT2
TBA. PMB Motorsport Porsche 996 GT2-R G2
* R **
* - Subject to FIA confirmation
# - Subject to FIA homologation
R – Race-by-race entry
** - Subject to acceptance by GT Bureau
#35 Nissan not eligible for Championship Points