Sepang named best MotoGP of 2017

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, 12/07/2017 - 02:12
Peter McLaren
Peter McLaren's picture
Sepang named best MotoGP of 2017

This year's Sepang round hasbeen named as the best MotoGP of 2017 by the Grand Prix Commission.

The GPC usually takes into account factors such as organisation, facilities and atmosphere when making its decision.

But which round do you think was the best event of 2017 and why?

Thu, 12/07/2017 - 14:15
Steveo99
Steveo99's picture
Phillip Island, much more

Phillip Island, much more entertaining race than Sepang - proves fast tracks make good racing!

Thu, 12/07/2017 - 17:05
Luvtheracing
Luvtheracing's picture
I think most people will vote

I think most people will vote for the track where their rider won or did his best.  That said, I think there are several tracks that make for great races, one that comes to mind every year is Phillip Island.  Several that follow as great GP tracks would be Aragon, Mugello, Brno, & Germany.  Valencia does have some close races, but it's such a tight track, I don't think the racing is even close to the level of excitement as those others.

And there are a bunch I'd remove from the schedule.  I'd label them featurless or not having enough S-turns to make for decent MC tracks.  Bikes on their sides makes for great races.  The more they are upright, the less interesting it is. Oh wait, that would be describing Sepang.  Ooops!

Fri, 12/08/2017 - 09:18
Smokey123
Smokey123's picture
Phillip Island or Mugello

Phillip Island or Mugello

Sat, 12/09/2017 - 00:37
RustyBit
RustyBit's picture
Best MotoGP race.

Phillip Island by far, produced the best MotpGP race for years. Can understand why Sepang won it as an event, it is a great track to go to. Went 4 or 5 times before it became so popular that you can't leave your seat.

Sun, 12/10/2017 - 20:24
DavidAtlas
DavidAtlas's picture
Why Malaysia???

Why Malasia??? What nonesense...

Phillip Island of course was the greatest 2017 race. Even Rossi said he was invigorated by it. 7 riders could have won that race. Paint was swapped multiple times. No other race in 2017 even came close to being as exciting.

Going to the island as a spectator is the greatest 4 days of the year. Everything you need is there. Most you bring yourself which is why Phillip Island is so great. The scenery, the mates, the only thing that is gone is the smell of 2 stroke. Phillip Island is perfect.

Malaysia. I dont think anything is good about Malaysia especially the memories. Is Motogp worried that malaysia will pullout like they did in f1. Sounds like a bribe to me. 

Tue, 12/12/2017 - 11:00
Cadweller
Cadweller's picture
Phillip Island. I was

Phillip Island. I was fortunate to finally get there this year, after years of dreaming and it didn't disappoint in any way.  What a track and what a race.  I've been to Sepang and it's OK, but hardly a classic circuit and not in the same league as P.I.

Tue, 12/12/2017 - 11:00
Cadweller
Cadweller's picture
Phillip Island. I was

Phillip Island. I was fortunate to finally get there this year, after years of dreaming and it didn't disappoint in any way.  What a track and what a race.  I've been to Sepang and it's OK, but hardly a classic circuit and not in the same league as P.I.