FR3.5 » 1 January 1901
Soucek again in Valencia.
Andy Soucek set the pace once again on the final day of World Series by Renault testing at the Valencia circuit in Spain.
As he did on the opening day, the Spaniard clocked the quickest time for RC Motorsport, only hitting the track during the afternoon session to post a lap of 1min 21.701secs. Miguel Molina was second again, this time running with Prema Powerteam, while Marco Barba was third fastest for Draco Racing.
There were a few changes to the driver line-up for the last day of collective testing this season, aside from Molina moving back to the Prema team he drove for this year.
Federico Leo joined forces with RC Motorsport, Claudio Cantelli teamed up with Pons Racing, and Christian Ebbevisk worked with Fortec for the first time. Fresh from his F1 test with Ferrari, Edoardo Piscopo hit the track with Draco Racing, while Maxime Martin, second in the 2008 Eurocup Megane Trophy, made a return to single-seater action for the first time in four years with KTR.
Molina, then Oliver Turvey, produced the first times of note during the morning session, with a number of drivers electing to run long stints on track.
Daniil Move, then Stefano Coletti dislodged Turvey from top spot, but it was Marco Barba who ended the morning with the fastest lap of 1min 22.242secs.
In the afternoon, rookie driver Jaime Alguersuari was the first to take the lead, before Molina outdid him with a time of 1min 22.210secs.
Molina was still leading when the drivers stopped pitted for their final slick tyres of the day but Soucek managed to jump ahead to edge the times by just 0.040secs.
WSbR testing times (27 November) - Valencia:
1. Andy Soucek RC Motorsport 1m 21.701s
2. Miguel Molina Prema 1m 21.741s
3. Marco Barba Draco 1m 22.101s
4. Daniil Move P1 1m 22.120s
5. Charles Pic Tech 1 1m 22.178s
6. Marcos Martinez Pons 1m 22.245s *
7. James Walker P1 1m 22.254s
8. Jaime Alguersuari Carlin 1m 22.275s
9. Stefano Coletti RC Motorsport 1m 22.280s *
10. Edoardo Piscopo Draco 1m 22.640s
11. Oliver Turvey Carlin 1m 22.661s
12. Pasquale Disabatino Epsilon Euskadi 1m 22.689s
13. Edoardo Mortara Ultimate-Signature 1m 22.774s
14. Jake Rosensweig Epsilon Euskadi 1m 22.796s
15. Sten Pentus Fortec 1m 22.886s
16. Christian Ebbesvik Fortec 1m 22.932s
17. Tobias Hegewald Interwetten.com 1m 22.942s
18. Max Chilton Comtec 1m 22.994s
19. Rodolfo Gonzalez Tech 1 1m 23.083s
20. Greg Mansell Ultimate-Signature 1m 23.104s *
21. Claudio Cantelli Pons 1m 23.113s
22. Omar Leal Prema 1m 23.274s
23. Anton Nebylitski Comtec 1m 23.719s
24. Federico Leo RC Motorsport 1m 23.801s
25. Siso Cunill KTR 1m 23.826s
26. Mihai Marinescu Interwetten.com 1m 24.138s *
27. Maxime Martin KTR 1m 24.510s *
* denotes time set in morning, all others in afternoon
Click on relevant pic to enlarge
Join the conversation - Add your comment
Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.