GP2 » Sky Sports F1 to show GP2 and GP3 races live

The new Sky Sports F1 digital channel has announced that it has picked up the rights to show live races from the two support series GP2 and GP3 in 2012.

steffan - Unregistered

February 02, 2012 5:22 PM

I thought when Sky first announced I felt that they need to get some of the support races too to compliment the coverage of F1 I didn't think they'd do it but they have and they will be using the Will Buxton world feed for commentary unbelievably awesome news eurosport was a unreliable and Motors TV lets not get into that and @Binza STOP WHINGING LIKE A GIRL THIS MOANING ABOUT F1 ON SKY IS NOW TEDIOUS AND VERY BORING!!!!! just get the package needed or get out

Quodra - Unregistered

February 02, 2012 11:32 PM

Well since hardly anybody outside Europe bothers to turn up to watch any of the support races let alone the Grand Prix, I suppose its a good thing. But personally I am going to get off my **** and watch some proper racing this year starting with autoGP and maybe some good old touring cars. GP2 in the last few years has so far produced a few back marker pay drivers and the usual red bull corporate lackies.

Aye - Unregistered

February 03, 2012 3:46 AM

People are still complaining about having to pay for Sky? If they don't want to pay, then that's fine. They're clearly not that passionate about F1. Sky packages are dirt cheap, so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

RD350LC - Unregistered

February 03, 2012 7:02 AM

Aye, for a lot of people it is nothing to do with a lack of passion for the sport
and is more to do with not giving any of our hard earned cash to any company that has Murdoch connections
it is a decision based on morels for me and I suspect a lot of others

Aye - Unregistered

February 03, 2012 1:01 PM

If it's a question of morals, then fair enough. Each to their own and all that. But I'm assuming that people won't lose any sleep at night just because they're paying for a Murdoch-affiliated service. I know I don't. I've had Sky for a few years now and I know for a fact that I'll be glued to their F1 channel. I just want to see all the races.

RD350LC - Unregistered

February 03, 2012 1:23 PM

Aye, well that's a matter for you & your conscience, but to me and many more not paying money to any Murdoch company is more important than prostituting our principles just so we can watch the races
The problem with it being on $ly is a lot bigger than it being on pay TV

breezyskells - Unregistered

February 05, 2012 10:52 AM

did the 1st one that said something check twitter. Eurosport said that due to contract running out these guys will not show GP2. therefore Sky was not robbing anyone. I was waiting for this type of answer