"My winter training means that I feel physically and mentally prepared and I will arrive in Malaysia in good shape," he added. "I look forward to a competitive season in GP2 with Caterham Racing, so see you all in Malaysia."
Canamasas will be joined on the starting grid by Ma Qing Hua, who last year became the first Chinese driver to participate in a F1 Grand Prix weekend when he turned out as the test and reserve driver for the now-defunct HRT team.
With both seats at Caterham now filled, there are only five spots as-yet unconfirmed on the grid, with less than seven days to go before the GP2 teams fire up their engines for the first time at Sepang.
Both Trident Racing and Hilmer Motorsports have yet to unveil any of their drivers for the forthcoming season, and newest GP2 team Russian Time are still to decide who will be joining Tom Dillmann in their line-up.
2013 confirmed driver line-up
- Marcus Ericsson, Stéphane Richelmi
ART GP (formerly Lotus GP)
- James Calado, Daniel Abt
- Johnny Cecotto Jr., Mitch Evans
- Julian Leal, Fabio Leimer
- Felipe Nasr, Jolyon Palmer
- Tom Dillmann, TBA
- Ma Qing Hua, Sergio Canamasas
- Jake Rosenzweig, Rio Haryanto
- Stefano Coletti, Simon Trummer
- TBA, TBA
- TBA, TBA
Venezuela GP Lazarus
- Rene Binder, Kevin Giovesi
- Adrian Quaife-Hobbs, Daniël de Jong