IndyCar » UK IndyCar coverage switches to ESPN

Sky Sports has confirmed that they no longer hold the rights to broadcast IndyCar races in the UK, and that rival sports network ESPN is to take over.

Gazza1JB

February 08, 2013 11:58 AM

GREAT! I dont have the money to buy ESPN so now that they not on Sky Sports anymore means i cant watch anymore indycar races and last year was one of the more exciting seasons in a while. Ive watched every race in the UK for years although some of them are recorded during the night and dont think they count 2wards viewing figures.
This SUCKS!

Anon - Unregistered

February 08, 2013 12:19 PM

We get 4 or 5 races a year on ESPN in South Africa and the coverage is very poor. Ad interuptions all the time and NASCAR definately takes precedent. Sorry for the UK but things just got worse for you.

DGAS - Unregistered

February 08, 2013 12:28 PM

This is terrible news for both fans and the sport. The host coverage was shocking last year but at least u could watch it with the sound turned down. IndyCar really is doing its best to kill itself. Don't think I'll bother with it this season unless I can stream it for free on the net!

al sim - Unregistered

February 08, 2013 1:40 PM

I have had a full sky package for years and pay the full wack, I am now expected to pay even more to watch Indy car on ESPN!!! I do like to watch Indy Car but this is a step to far and as far as I am cocerned the can stick it where the sun don't shine

Nanbawan - Unregistered

February 08, 2013 3:56 PM

I wish we had a decent free to view coverage on terrestrial digital TV in my country. With 3 French drivers, you think that would get someone interested but nooo, they prefer to broadcast all that real TV crap ! :rolleyes:

Thorborg - Unregistered

February 08, 2013 9:18 PM

Absolutely crazy.

I remember when Champ Car used to have a streaming service on their website that I used to bypass the shoddy coverage we got from Eurosport.

Quite why Indycar doesn't provide such a service I will never know. I will only subscribe to ESPN if there is a guarantee that every single race will be shown live and full for the entire season.

Oh and if I do subscribe it will be funded by dropping Sky Sports. With their likely withdraw from Speedway too I have no intention of funding the salaries of the ***** football players. I don't watch Football and Sky have nothing else I like.

K Thompson - Unregistered

February 08, 2013 10:12 PM

As a Virgin user, this is good news to me. I dont like football either, and never paid for skysports to fund pussy's. I have no sky movies or sport, but ESPN is included in my package ..... wooohoooooo.

shaken - Unregistered

February 09, 2013 3:15 AM

Sad news and obviously all about money. As long as its possible to see the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing" (Indy500) in May on satellite I'll be happy enough but even this may not be possible....fingers crossed. Any what has Michael Andretti (correct me if Im mistaken its him in the photo) got to do with it?

1 2 3  »