F1 » McLaren: Nothing to panic about, we will be back winning

Jonathan Neale: We made some mistakes, we've got to get over it, we've got to move on

thelogicalview

July 23, 2013 12:48 PM

This is basically reafirming that they have given up on this years car and are concentrating on next years, not totally surprising considering the amount of claptrap we have had from Whitmarsh during the past three months about how they would soon be winning again and that they had upgrades planned for virtually every race. That clearly has'nt happened and they are as uncompetitive now as they were at the start of the season. Let's hope they get it right next season otherwise Messers Neale and Whitmarsh are likely to be seeking new jobs.

Firestorm

July 23, 2013 2:13 PM

This means the we won't see a McLaren's turn of speed like 2004 or 2009? I must admit that I am dissapointed, but maybe this is the best way to ensure that next year they will be back in winning ways and concentrate all their efforts on next year car. This is their last year partnering Vodafone, funny because that's my last year too. Starting from October I will be not working anymore for Vodafone, so this sounds as a double farewell for me.

Firestorm

July 23, 2013 4:18 PM

Not I didn't sell phones. I am working at customer operations currently and information and transactional proccesing between the Vodafone companies in the mediterranean region and southern europe.

BurrBurrBurr666

July 23, 2013 6:28 PM

Same old same old from McLaren. No constructors championship since 98 and every year since they've been saying next year next year and yet still no championships apart from the 08 drivers. Really don't know what's going on and why they can't get it right? Any ideas people???? Would getting Ross Brawn in help? and get twitmarsh out???

Firestorm

July 23, 2013 7:34 PM

@taz
First of all, Vodafone is a great place to work. I am leaving because I found something else to do and at the moment I need some change. Second, a corporate needs many employees to work properly not just engineers. We have also other departments like Finance, Sales, Marketing. etc Everyone is important and I didn't appreciated your customer operations do nothing but to blame IT. Usually we are very united. Last, I didn't got closer to F1 because of Vodafone. In 2010 I took a quiz which would make me watch the weekend of Monza from inside the paddock as a McLaren's guest. I came close by I didn't won.

Taz

July 23, 2013 8:43 PM

@Firestorm

You take yourself waaaaaay to seriously dude :-p

I was been sarcastic.

After a day of C#/WPF/MVVM/WCF/ORM every friggin m I quite happily be in another dept/career

1 2  »